ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Getting in shape for BCT    1-1-1 Fitness Assessment question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1-1-1 Fitness Assessment question
 Login/Join

Picture of Shandy123
posted
Hi,
I am a Brit, ex TA (like your NG) Infantryman, looking to rejoin. I am following you Pocket PT guide to get me into shape, and I must say it is very well put together - my run time is dropping rapidly and I have suffered no injuries (so far!).
Hwever - I have a question about the push-ups for the 1-1-1 assessment. Are they done in your usual '4-count' manner, or do I count each 'push' as 'one'? same question for the sit-ups too.
I am making progress, but I want to be able to measure it against your standards.

Posts: 3 | Location: Yorkshire, England | Registered: 27 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ReUp63
posted Hide Post
From the front leaning rest (starting) position you lower your body in a straight line (I'm not going to recite the entire text), then raise it back to the starting position. That is 1 repetition. The 4 count is just an exercise and not part of the APFT. Same for the sit up except you start in the down position.

Career Counselor (Retired)

Posts: 473 | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shandy123
posted Hide Post
Thanks - that's great - I can now double my numbers on my records!

Posts: 3 | Location: Yorkshire, England | Registered: 27 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post