ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Getting in shape for BCT    Need to prepare physically for Basic Training
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to prepare physically for Basic Training
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If I were you, I would try to find a local running store, or even go to a local high school's cross country/track coach and they will be able to help you create a workout plan that will fit specifically for you. Some people can start out running for the first time and not have much trouble with 4-5 miles while others aren't the same. But if anything,make sure you start out easy and slowly build up.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of PA_in_2ID
posted Hide Post
The thread was started 2.5 yrs ago.

Heck, he better be ready physically by NOW!!!!

Posts: 548 | Location: Camp Hovey, Korea | Registered: 23 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
yea i just joined the reserves here and this summer im gonna be completly screwed if i dont start working out starting now

Posts: 1 | Location: sudbury ontario | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of noellea
posted Hide Post
Im enlisting. I play softball and workout on a daily basis, but honesly i cant do a push up. all my power is in my legs. what can i do to get ready for the push up/ cardio work outs?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 17 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Just continue with push-ups on a daily basis. Try to do 5 good ones today. 6 tomorrow and so on. Also, upper body exercises will help you improve on upper-body strength.

With cardio; just run, run and run. Obviously do it moderately without injury put persistence is the key.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noellea:
Im enlisting. I play softball and workout on a daily basis, but honesly i cant do a push up. all my power is in my legs. what can i do to get ready for the push up/ cardio work outs?

Really the best thing to do is do them. If you are able to, do them multiple times throughout your day or at the very minimum at night before you get ready to go to bed. For start try 1 to 5 push-ups every hour or however many times you can during the day then do as many as you can before going to bed. This last one of the day should go until you physically cannot do anymore/have trouble getting up from the floor.

Same thing for sit-ups/curls and pull-ups. As you get better, increase your repetitions to 10-20-30 etc. depending on how you are doing with each 'event'.

Don't forget a 2-mile run even if you are good at short distances. Control your breathing and go the distance. Get good at that? Go 4-6 miles, do sprints and run hills to improve this highly cardiovascular event. You get what you put into training.

Posts: 86 | Location: Camp Yongsan, South Korea | Registered: 04 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
And if you honestly still can't do pushups, try doing them on your knees- still keep your body from knees to shoulders straight. Bend the elbows to lower yourself, raise back up.

Keep working at them until you can do them "regular".

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post