ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  Missouri National Guard Discussion    A little nervous... could use some help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little nervous... could use some help
 Login/Join

posted
Short story shorter, I leave for MEPS Monday at noon. I'm fine with everything, the only problem I have is the blood test. I've never been a fan of needles, as I got older I grew to not have a problem with them, but I've never had my blood taken so I'm pretty nervous. A nervous to where it makes my stomach completely flip. My girlfriend has been telling me it's okay, and I know it will be, I watched her get her blood drawn just a few months ago when she was pregnant, I'm just nervous I suppose about it being on myself. Any tips to relax for this? Thanks all!

Posts: 2 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Listen you will endlessly be stuck with needles the entire time you are in the Army. There is only a small chance anything in those needles will kill you.

Posts: 75 | Registered: 30 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of OTNCO
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Don't look and control your breathing that way you don't tense up.

Posts: 21 | Registered: 23 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is true. Thank you. I'm trying to just relax and cross that bridge when it comes. Hopefully all will be fine and those who do the blood draw will help me through it. Thanks nremtp and OTNCO. I always get worked up, I almost passed out when I was 13 from a tuberculosis shot, but then felt like a p***y when I actually got it, noticing it felt simply like a thorn, lmao.

Posts: 2 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
I'm a medic and I HATE needles!!! I don't mind sticking someone else but when it's my turn I feel a bit nervous. I actually watch the needle go in when I get my blood drawn because you can see that although the needle seems big, it barely goes in just beyond the bevel.

Posts: 580 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post