ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Joining the Army National Guard    I tested positive for Marijuana at MEPS - Now what?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I tested positive for Marijuana at MEPS - Now what?
 Login/Join

posted
I went to MEPS last week and admitted that the last time I had smoked marijuana was early January, they needed a waiver for tattoos on my knuckles so I was planning on waiting anyways.

I got a call from my recruiter today saying that I failed the test at MEPS for THC and that I could either be disqualified for 6 months or permanently... Just trying to clear the air and find out what my options are.

Any help would be appreciated. I lied about nothing on my paperwork, and have never been convicted of drug related offenses other than minor speeding violations.

Thanks,

Steven

Posts: 3 | Location: Eagle Mountain, UT | Registered: 08 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
"Clear the air"? That's a good one.

Posts: 28 | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
In this day and age of drawdowns, pissing hot at MEPS means you are done. Stick a fork in you done. Time for Plan B.

Matt

CH-47D/F Mechanic
Technical Inspector

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Camp Humphreys, ROK | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Okay, I appreciate the timely response. Time to move on and continue the path of a clean life! Thanks again.

Steven

Posts: 3 | Location: Eagle Mountain, UT | Registered: 08 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sprat2
posted Hide Post
Why clean up now???

Posts: 259 | Location: Macdill AFB | Registered: 21 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprat2:
Why clean up now???

why NOT?

Lots of employers are doing drug testing nowadays..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprat2:
Why clean up now???

Hilarious.

You were born at the wrong time Stevo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCs7Pn4PyA

Posts: 1707 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
your done son!.

lets hope that you scored 50+ on your ASVAB, and you finished your full physical, after failing a UA at MEPS you will have to wait 1 complete year from the time that you failed to even be eligible for a DAT waiver from your local U.S. Army Recruiting Center (which goes up alot higher). The way that the draw down is happening no DoD organization will even consider you.
Your only chance is if the U.S. enters another war on multiple fronts.

If you ever get the chance I suggest you jump on and sign for any available job offered to you. Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Military, I hope it works out for you.

"I did my best.. but I guess my best is not good enough.."

Pacman

Posts: 34 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: 08 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StevoJ:
I went to MEPS last week and admitted that the last time I had smoked marijuana was early January, they needed a waiver for tattoos on my knuckles so I was planning on waiting anyways.

I got a call from my recruiter today saying that I failed the test at MEPS for THC and that I could either be disqualified for 6 months or permanently... Just trying to clear the air and find out what my options are.

Any help would be appreciated. I lied about nothing on my paperwork, and have never been convicted of drug related offenses other than minor speeding violations.

Thanks,

Steven

You are DONE, no six month wait, no waiver, nothing, done. If they ever change that policy you ma, at that point, reapply and try for a waiver, until then you are PDQ.

@chharith, you are mistaken, even a year from now, if the policy remains, he will not get a waiver.

I had a guy come in with his dad and tell me he almost joined the Navy but never dis (6years before), so i look it up and sure enough, he pissed hot, i took him to the SC office and told him i didnt care whathe told his dad as an eexcuse but he needed to leavethe office.

Not to mention the SA i enlisted my last month there that popped hoy, he was kicked out the DEP, the same day they got the results...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Heh... I've got the point, I'm done.
91 on ASVAB (in case you'd like to pound me on that). Signing off! Wink

Thanks all for the replies.. That video was absolutely fucking hillarious btw! xD

posted Hide Post
You don't belong in the military. Get clean and be more productive with your life.

Dave

Posts: 258 | Location: Japan | Registered: 04 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by realistik:
You don't belong in the military. Get clean and be more productive with your life.

Either do some of the service members that are currently in. If smoking marijuana prior to entering the service was a disqualifier, there'd be many that don't get in.

Posts: 127 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post