ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Joining the Army National Guard    Need Advise from the wise and experienced
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Advise from the wise and experienced
 Login/Join

posted
I'm joining the national guard at 31 yrs old. I'm joining mostly for the education benefits. I'm an electrician but for the most part uneducated. I've done the research and have found all the obvious information. G.I. Bill, scholarships smp.
I intend to attend college once I've finished basic and AIT. Would SMP be applicable to me if I were to join ROTC while enrolled? Would full time employment for the guard be an open optioin ?

Posts: 1 | Location: Morgantown, wv | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Full-time jobs in the Guard are few and far between. If you are looking for full-time military work; then active duty is your best option from the get-go.

If not, because you are compelled to stay in your home state, then you most likely have to wait a few years.

A good forum for Guard members is

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post