Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Guard
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys. My dad was in the National Guard in the 80's. He left after 6 years i believe. he is thinking about joing again, when i do, but wanted to talk to someone who is currently serving. Is there anyone out there who could answer his questions that a recruiter can't? Thanks alot!

Shaye

Posts: 4 | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ask me the question and if I can't answer it from the top of my head i'll ask my 1SG. I just started the National Guard not too long ago.

Posts: 158 | Location: OKC | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Greywolff
posted Hide Post
im full time staff for reserve units and former ng i might be able to help

Posts: 292 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Definetly talk to a recruiter. There are different standards for the amount of years prior service members served, and which component he goes in. I believe your dad wont be eligable for retirement because he got out. but I could be wrong. get with a recruiter

Posts: 27 | Location: Deployed | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Both me and dad have been talking to the recruiter, he said that dad would be eligible for retirement if he resigned up this year. He just wanted to talk to someone who's auctually doing it. But i'll pass that info on to dad, thanks for that.
Oh and by the way, are you a medic?

Shaye

Posts: 4 | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
no. I repair medical equipment. but when i get another MOS I would check that out. seems like a lot of fun

Posts: 27 | Location: Deployed | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
AR 601–210(USAPA'S)
I would suggest that if you don't truely trust the Recruiter...you should review Section III
Verification and Qualification for Prior—Service Personnel
It's starts on page 23 of the regulation. Good Luck.

Posts: 522 | Location: FT Campbell | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Wolve
posted Hide Post
WOW Cat, I know we've been away from the boards for some time now, but to reply to a post that's almost two years old.........Well that's what I call "catching up" Big Grin

SGT Maliepaard
=======================
37F - PSYOP SGT

Posts: 432 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just trying to make sure they get the right sources.... Big Grin

Frowner I'm still trying to adapt to the new forum..

Posts: 522 | Location: FT Campbell | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I might be able to hook you up with some answers. I will tell you the truth also. Shoot me an E-Mail....charles.freeman3@us.army.mil I am in the guard right now and will gladly help you out with no problem. Just let me know
quote:
Originally posted by Shaye:
Hey guys. My dad was in the National Guard in the 80's. He left after 6 years i believe. he is thinking about joing again, when i do, but wanted to talk to someone who is currently serving. Is there anyone out there who could answer his questions that a recruiter can't? Thanks alot!

Shaye

Posts: 1 | Location: Team K RSP Coordinator(TN) | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post