New
Find
Notify
Tools

question about the guard...
 Login/Join

Picture of Jack_of_all_Trades
posted
Is there a different in/out calls for the guard then it is on active duty or is it the same?

Also how hard will it be for a soldier on active duty to get out and join the guard?
Currently an E4 on the automatic promotion list. Have 5 years of service, getting ready for my 2nd deployment in the summer and new ets date Nov 2014. My mos 25U, but its overstrength and want to get out of it. Hence my reason to see if there is a different in/out calls for the guard. Thankyou and have a nice day/night.

Posts: 76 | Location: Conn Barracks | Registered: 30 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack_of_all_Trades:
Also how hard will it be for a soldier on active duty to get out and join the guard?

Talk to your retention NCO about that one.

I was thinking about joining the guard/reserve myself after 20+ years, but I decided I'll just retire and get a government job a civilian. But I haven't let the reserves/guard option go. Always a choice.

Seriously though, ask your retention career counselor. S/he'll know the most about that. Along with the current and past career counselors on this forum, lol.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yea I hear ya on that Sysalis. I do appreciate the help again. Guard is starting to be an option for many reasons...

Posts: 76 | Location: Conn Barracks | Registered: 30 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
It's no problem. I want to help others since I'm trying to be an NCO one day. Plus I figure some of my knowledge and experience might help others. Or give them ideas, lol.

What's the reason for switching if I may ask?

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
oh yea? Well thats good to hear your putting your knowledge out there. Thats good. I do the same thing, and like to help out new joes especailly with decision making. Im looking into becoming a DS or a career counseler. Just like to help and train soldiers who are inexperienced. Good luck with your endevours!

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack_of_all_Trades:
Good luck with your endevours!

You too.

-Murphy's Law of Combat