ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Joining the Army National Guard    Re enlistment after re:3 please help!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re enlistment after re:3 please help!!!
 Login/Join

posted
Yes I was discharged from the military with re:code of 3 during OSUT training at Fort Benning.I am very very interested in joing the National Guard unit here in tennessee. I have my waiver sent off and it has been about a month and it hasnt got back yet. Are 5-17 discharges easy to get waivered? My life has done a 360 I am so ready to serve.....

SAMUEL FAIR

Posts: 4 | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dreamstalker
posted Hide Post
Well not fmailiar with a 5-17 discharge but what was the full RE code usually it will have a 3 synbol code along with the number.

Posts: 330 | Location: Ft Campbell  | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It is a discharge physical or mental condition not a disabilty. And I am pretty sure my code is just re:3??? Thanks

SAMUEL FAIR

Posts: 4 | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hey man, a 5-17 is mental, personality disorder or something like that, could easily be considered an administrative discharge and to waive it give it to your NG recruiter to have him send it to Kansas City where they should be able to take care of it. Well, try to go to your original army recruiter to have him take care of it, and if you have a signed waiver on a medical head by a psychologist that should be all you need, otherwise, call up your old training Battalion LTC or Col and see if they can help you out any.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
Haha...because it won't be hard for him to find his 'original recruiter' or Battalion LTC or COL.

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post