ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Support for Troops and Families    How To Request To Stay At Current Duty Station?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How To Request To Stay At Current Duty Station?
 Login/Join

posted
I am currently stationed at Fort Hood in 1st Cavalry Division and I work in Division Staff G-2. I got to the unit in April 2010 and deployed from April 2011 - April 2012. To this day I've been in the unit roughly 2 1/2 years and I really love being here. Well yesterday I just happened to check my ASK and it says that I am on assignment to Washington (Fort Lewis?) with a date of 20130110. I really don't want to PCS anywhere because I love the unit I am in plus we are not on the radar to deploy for the next two years and there are slots available far as INTOE is concerned. Plus my Wife will be starting the nursing program at her college and I really don't want her to get screwed by having to relocate. How can I stay at Fort Hood?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
ask the Prez to cancel your orders. Cool

Seriously, once you're on orders, you're on orders. Talk with your chain- if your 1SG/CSM are willing to bat for you they might know someone who can get them cancelled.

My guess= your probability of staying where you want is like 15%.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ya good luck in your fight but they do say if you believe in something and want it then fight for it do not give up fight hard and you never know it might happen...

Posts: 12 | Location: ARIZONA | Registered: 20 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Talk to your "Badge Wearing Career Counselor" and if you qualify for the Option...burn a Re-enlistment Option.

Its the only thing I can think of to truly secure your goals.....IF you are qualified for the option.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I heard Fort Lewis is an excellent duty station.

With that said, there is a term called "homesteading" which means those are servicemembers that stay at the same duty station. As you move up the ranks; homesteading will do more harm than good.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post