Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

fiance
 Login/Join

posted
I know the military has the married couples program, but what are they willing to do for those that are engaged? We are both PCSing. Me to Bragg in May and Frankfurt Germany for him in July. Is there anything we can do to keep from being separated? We can't get married before May, and we are running out of time.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Have you talked to your gaining command? Maybe if you let them know the situation, there could be something done.

Who is the higher ranking of the two?

Posts: 458 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 08 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am. If I talked to them would they find a way to get him to Bragg or me to Germany?

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
im not trying to be a downer but most likely not...fiances arent recognized by the military.

Posts: 991 | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
Are you still married? In other posts, you had a husband and children. If so, I don't think I'd bring it to the chain of command.

Are you in AIT? I had a soldier who married another soldier in AIT and they still went to different posts. They kept him there for a year before they would authorize him to PCS to be with his wife.

Posts: 404 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm divorced. He made me choose the army or him. I picked the army

posted Hide Post
So you just went ahead and married someone in the Army?

You could get married at the courthouse and then have your wedding at a later date. But the courthouse will give you the marriage license which you can use to get into the MACP.

Posts: 625 | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That isn't quite how it happened, but what I am wondering is if we get married between now and July, where would they send us or would they even send us together?

posted Hide Post
I don't think there is much that can be done at this point...I would mentally prepare to be apart for some time until you can get stationed together.

But like KingofMinot2 said, go have a civil ceremony at the courthouse as soon as you can. Maybe you will be able to get him to Bragg.

Posts: 458 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 08 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you for your advice.