Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

earlier PCS flight?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm currently stationed in Korea and my deros is 4/13 and my wedding date is on 4/17. I'm wondering if there's 1. any way to get a commercial flight back, so there's no chance I'm booted from the flight? 2. is there a way I can leave maybe two or three days earlier than my deros? 3. how do I start said process?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
1. Each time I left Korea, it was on a civilian flight so you should get that automatically.

2. It's a little early, but I would talk to your Squad Leader/Platoon Sergeant about it ... though it really rests on your Command.

3. See answer 2.

This is the best I can give you with the little information you have provided ... yes, there is a chance, but I cannot tell you how great or small that chance is, as I said it all rest on Command.

Military Signature
Create your Profile at MyArmedForces.com

There is no task that is impossible, as long as you don't care who gets the credit.

Posts: 941 | Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you are here unaccompanied you will fly on the Patriot Express. No longer is commercial air utilized without there being a good reason why you need a flight out of Incheon. The Patriot Express leaves twice a week on pre-determined days. You are authorized to leave 5 days before or 5 days after your deros to match the days that the Patriot Express leaves. I know this because I deros in April and reserved my ticket for 5 days early.

Posts: 42 | Location: Jacksonville Recruiting Battalion | Registered: 26 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post