Community's Community is an Army Forum
pt, miscarriage

I'm in the Army NG and tomorrow have to take a PT Test. Last month, I did my PT and failed, knowingly pregnant, but didn't tell my chain of command because I wanted to wait. Well, a week ago, I miscarried at 2 months and my right ovary is swollen. (Sorry for details!). I haven't stopped bleeding since the 28th (I was told I could bleed up to 3 weeks), nor have my cramps stopped. Not sure if any of you would know, but can I continue with my PT? (I have discharge papers and prescriptions regarding the miscarriage).

All answers would be appreciated. I just don't want to tell my chain of command about it if I don't have to because it hit me hard.
Posts: 4 | Location: WI | Registered: 13 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Contact your OB/GYN or the Dr. that discharged you and ask them if there should be any restrictions to peform physical training.

If there are restrictions, you will have to go to sick call and speak with a military Doctor to get the proper profile.
Posts: 209 | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The best way to handle the situation is to notify your supervisor as soon as possible. Bring the paper work with you and run it up the chain.

Under the common sense approach, it would be like roger you will not do the APFT, but common sense is rare.

Tomorrow if you have a Sick Call go to it.
Advice, notify 1st Line now. Tell them about the situation the best you know how. Blunt works the best and bring paperwork tomorrow and prepare for what ever may come. May not be the answer, but the APFT is tomorrow.

Good luck, i'm sorry I do not have better advice for you.
Posts: 165 | Registered: 09 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post