ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Field Artillery    13B Which units use the M777?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

13B Which units use the M777?
 Login/Join

posted
I am prior service navy looking to go Army. I really want to be on the M777 and may be able to get a specific unit that uses that piece in my contract. Thanks,

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of squirrely
posted Hide Post
2nd BCT 25th Infantry 2-11 FA
1st or 4th BCT 25th ID (the one in Alaska)

Im going to be honest they are the only ones i can think of off the top of my head, most Army units still use the 198/109/119.

The main piece for the Marines is the 777

Posts: 59 | Location: Schofield Barracks, HI | Registered: 07 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jack_of_all_Trades
posted Hide Post
172nd INF Brigade. Alpha Battery, 1-77FA

Schweinfurt, germany

Posts: 76 | Location: Conn Barracks | Registered: 30 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well if you go RA, 95% of units downrange only use M777s. I know 82nd is using them and the 18 FA bde.

Teddy Smiler
SPC / 13BU6

Posts: 16 | Location: 11234 | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
All active duty units that aren't on Paladins will be switching to M777A2s.

2nd SBCT 25th ID was the first Army unit to field them.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TEXAN13B
posted Hide Post
2nd, 3rd, and 4th SBCT of 2nd Infantry Division use them. Any Stryker Brigade will use the M-777. Units designated as an Infantry Brigade Combat Team and Airborne units will use the M-119 to keep up ther "ligh-fighter" image. (Keep in mind in Afghanistan the M-777 s used universally, so you should get to use both) and Heavy Brigades will use the Paladin. The M-198m is phased out I believe on Active Duty, National Guard still has them I believe. We just tranistioned from M-198 to M-777 two years ago.

Posts: 2 | Location: Joint Base Lewis - McChord | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of redleg_64
posted Hide Post
The 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment out of Rose Barracks, Germany uses the M777A2.

And on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Posts: 60 | Location: Ft. Stewart, GA | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post