ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Field Artillery    From Heavy to Light Arty...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From Heavy to Light Arty...
 Login/Join

Picture of redleg_64
posted
I'm in 4th BCT, 3 ID. Our brigade is being transformed into a light unit upon redeployment back state side. I have no idea if we will be equipped with the M119, M198, or M777. I'll be happy with any one of those over the Paladin. The maintenance on that thing sucks. I'm wondering of anybody has ever had their unit switch over to another piece of equipment like that, and if so, what it entails.

I've heard rumors that it takes upwards of a year for a unit to certify with a new howitzer, but I kind of doubt that. Basic artillery is the same. You just have to relearn a few details with other howitzers, right?

And on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Posts: 60 | Location: Ft. Stewart, GA | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post