ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Field Artillery    Anyone know what units are receiving HIMARS?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know what units are receiving HIMARS?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anybody know which units are receiving HIMARS other than the units at Ft Bragg and Ft Sill?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No others are currently reported as I know of. I do know That 3/27 FAR is supposed to become the first ever fully HIMARS battalion. and that is slated for late this year early next year. But trust you me if you want to go to HIMARS... Run to Oklahome before you come here.

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Bragg | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:092406a986]Does anybody know which units are receiving HIMARS other than the units at Ft Bragg and Ft Sill?[/quote:092406a986]

What are you talking about, what is the HIMARS?

Posts: 7 | Location: Deployable | Registered: 15 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
HIMARS is the same as MLRS with only a few diffrences. MLRS is a Track Vehicle while HIMARS is a converted LMTV.

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Bragg | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ForwardObserver
posted Hide Post
Rumor here in korea was that we were supposed to be getting a HIMARS Battery to provide GS to our BCT, but don't know if that was gonna hold any water.

The HIMARS is different from the M270 MLRS Launcher. It is a converted 5 ton FMTV with only 1 pod (6 rockets) on the back, instead of the 2 currently carried by the M270.

Here's a website with more info.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/himars/

Posts: 121 | Location: Fort Hood | Registered: 26 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
HIMARS is supposed to be air liftable or air droppable as well...which leads to another interesting question.....Airborne FA?

Posts: 11 | Location: Ft. Livingroom, Home | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Quartermaster922
posted Hide Post
82nd already has Airborne FA

Just not MLRS

Posts: 300 | Location: Where all discharged soldiers go | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
that site is amazing. half of the stuff that we were told in AIT is on that site about MLRS, but in AIT to learn it we needed a Secret security clearance...

OPSEC my @$$

Posts: 11 | Location: Ft. Livingroom, Home | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post