ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Field Artillery    Soon to be Artillery Officer Seeks Guidance from Seasoned NCOs and Officers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Soon to be Artillery Officer Seeks Guidance from Seasoned NCOs and Officers
 Login/Join

posted
My background up front-I am a SFC(P), I have 12 years in the Army all in the Signal Corps. I am a SATCOM guy by trade ( the guy that makes your morale calls and internet in theater possible)I will be commissioning in November and branched FA. Needless to say I have many questions so bear with me. Ok, here we go:

1: Seems like a weird question, but from a junior soldiers and a NCOs perspective, what makes a good FA officer. That is, what do you expect that person to Be, Know, Do, so to speak.
2: Probably best for the seniors but what makes for a successful FA officer?
3: What is the top notch assignment for this branch, what is the absolute armpit of the universe assignment?
4: What is the number one issue in field artillery right now?
5: What is the typical day/week like for the average artilleryman?

I appreciate honest and unbiased responses. I may come off as sounding a little retarded but believe me, in my field, Im what is considered "da bomb", however, I respect the fact that there are people out there who will depend on me to always be doing the right thing and I feel like doing my research early is a start towards making sure I serve the soldier to the best of my ability. Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tonyf2174:
Im what is considered "da bomb",

Not as a Sierra. Razzer

just kidding- Congrats on the Comission!

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
One of my soldiers is also commissioning .If I am not mistaken it should be about the same time as you. He is also going into FA. I will talk to him and see if he has found out any info. Which I doubt but who knows I will ask.

Posts: 617 | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Coming from a smos 13D...

1: Know your job well, make sound decisions
2: Know and understand Artillery itself in detail just not your specific mos.
3: Top notch, not sure still looking. Worst 3ID!
4: Communications!
5: PT run, run, run; Motorpool commo check, commo check, commo check

Posts: 160 | Location: Fort Gordon | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice, and I dont sweat no P's Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post