ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Field Artillery    13M - MLRS/HIMARS
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

13M - MLRS/HIMARS
 Login/Join

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
it makes me laugh too...
maybe i should start telling people that 11B is top secret..haha

Posts: 991 | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of priorHIMARS
posted Hide Post
jesus.....I'm not saying that every mlrs/himars unit is Jack Bauer or James Bond. But there is one certain unit that does different stuff. And for 11BIN3ID, I'm sure you had plain old MLRS at your base in IRAQ. I'm not even talking about MLRS OR IRAQ. So you are way off base.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 12 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of priorHIMARS
posted Hide Post
Secret Weapon Against The War On Terror

This is plain old news accessible by anyone.

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
himars...im not way off base... he was asking about 13m. we had 13m at my base... (FOB HAMMER) thats what the guy was asking about...13m in iraq and afghanistan

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
and himars does what mlrs does... just with 6 rockets, or 1 atacms... as apposed to 12 rockets or 2 atacms..

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
oh yea its not on a track..its not new.

Picture of priorHIMARS
posted Hide Post
You really are the epitome of an infantry: slow. I know exactly what a HIMARS is smart ass. Do I need to explain to you what METT-TC or how to zero your M68 optic because you seem to be trying to tell me what my job is. I know that the XM148 and M270(A1) are both rocket systems. I was in the unit that fielded HIMARS. I'm not even sure what those last 3 post where supposed to mean.

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
then wtf are you talking about guy? you said yall dont wear patches and dont answer to anyone like its a damn secret. My brother is a 13m, ever heard of 1-94 fa, hes there... so i think you are the slow one bud.

posted Hide Post
All of this bullshit over a little OPSEC. Hey 11B let your brother know that his HIMARS instructor that is still there at Fort Lewis fielding his unit whats up. You know that the OPSEC problem that we are seeing is you never know who exactly you are talking to on these forums. Anybody can register on this board and for anybody who thinks that certain people could not or are not tracking these discussions to try and fish out information for whatever reason is very wrong. How do you think terrorist cells operate, they are very sophisticated, smart, patient, and deadly. I a not saying that every discussion board is being tracked by Al-Qaeda. But we as soldiers need to be aware of our surroundings and not start telling every little detail about what we do or where we do it at.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 13 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
NONE OF THE STUFF SAID ON HERE ISNT IN THE ARMY TIMES...

posted Hide Post
We all know that the Army Times puts out these things but you need to understand that reading it in the newspaper is one thing but someone who is trying to gather intel uses more than just newspapers. Just be cautious about what you talk about. It is very easy to manipulate someone when you know what your doing.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 13 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
i know all about opsec... im not new to this.

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
One thing ill say is the army times is not published by the army so something published there is no more acceptable or official than geraldo drawing in the sand.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 35M3LN7PF:
One thing ill say is the army times is not published by the army so something published there is no more acceptable or official than geraldo drawing in the sand.

Bad example. Wink He was definitely not one of our finest guardians of OPSEC...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
dod relases the list...army times just publishes it