ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Field Artillery    13M - MLRS/HIMARS
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

13M - MLRS/HIMARS
 Login/Join

Picture of priorHIMARS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 11BIN3ID:
then wtf are you talking about guy? you said yall dont wear patches and dont answer to anyone like its a damn secret. My brother is a 13m, ever heard of 1-94 fa, hes there... so i think you are the slow one bud.

So let me get this straight, 1-94 is a HIMARS (NOT MLRS) unit in Afghanistan? I think not.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 12 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC Miller
posted Hide Post
1-94 is not in Afghan!! I just came from that unit. They were stationed in Germany but relocated to Ft. Lewis and transistioned to HIMARS. They are still setting up there, they have been there less than a year.

11B...your brother is either a liar, or you just have no clue what you're talking about. Stick to the infantry stuff.

Posts: 182 | Location: Hunter AAF | Registered: 17 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of priorHIMARS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miller SGT type:
1-94 is not in Afghan!! I just came from that unit. They were stationed in Germany but relocated to Ft. Lewis and transistioned to HIMARS. They are still setting up there, they have been there less than a year.

11B...your brother is either a liar, or you just have no clue what you're talking about. Stick to the infantry stuff.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Finally somebody that isn't blowing smoke.

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
sorry it took me so long to reply to you oh so bright people.(I was in the field..you should try it sometime..) I NEVER said 1-94 FA was in afghanistan. I know they are in wash. I said that i know about mlrs and himars, because my brother tells me about it..... Learn how to read a previous post instead of jumping to your own conclusions.. My brother isnt a liar and has been in 1-94 since the days of patrick hogan (i.e. old bn commander) And i was stationed 20 miles away from him when he was in in strassburg, because i was in baumholder, so i spent alot of time in i-o. Dont tell me what i do and dont know.

Posts: 991 | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
im going to go do some top secret non-patch wearing 11b stuff...ill be back later

Picture of priorHIMARS
posted Hide Post
Do I seriously have to post this twice you silly little grunt?

SECRET WEAPON IN AFGHANISTAN--DIRTY NASTY LEG INFANTRY ISN'T ONE OF THEM.

If you read the (ENTIRE) article, ANY point you try to make is invalid and only makes you look even that more ignorant.

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
THAT STORY WAS OBVIOUSLY WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHO HAS NO IDEA ABOUT HIMARS....AND HOW IT IS NOT A SECRET WEAPON...OR NEW! YEAH IT IS NEWISH...BUT ITS NOT A DAMN SECRET PRIOR. SILLY LITTLE FOBBIT MLRS(NICE AND CLEAN)BECAUSE OF THE DIRTY NASTY LEG...

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
oh and one other thing... the author of that article obviously doesnt know ANYTHING about mlrs or himars, because GMLRS (M270A ) Can do anything a himars can...And MLRS can hold 12 rockets or 2 ATACMS not 16.... So next time you cite a source, make sure its a credible one high speed.

posted Hide Post
priorHIMARS, please don't make all of us 13M's look bad...That article you posted is not even close to a reliable source. A lot of that information is completely wrong. 11BIN3ID listed some of it.
Oh and also the nomenclature for the HIMARS is M142, not XM148 as you said earlier. They dropped the X a while ago because it is no longer experimental.

It's not that I don't trust the Army, I'm just concerned because my body armor says 'Fragile' on it

Posts: 4 | Registered: 13 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of priorHIMARS
posted Hide Post
More proof

It was still XM148 when I left 3/27 about a year and a half ago. And I know that the HIMARS isn't a secret weapon, but its a secret if people are open to the knowledge of where it is knucklehead. And please don't try to lecture me on the capabilities of this weapon system. Once again PLEASE find me an Army Times article that states a operational HIMARS unit in Afghanistan.

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by priorHIMARS:
More proof

It was still XM148 when I left 3/27 about a year and a half ago. And I know that the HIMARS isn't a secret weapon, but its a secret if people are open to the knowledge of where it is knucklehead. And please don't try to lecture me on the capabilities of this weapon system. Once again PLEASE find me an Army Times article that states a operational HIMARS unit in Afghanistan.
You're a joke, seriously.

We all have back issues of the shitty Army Times so we can research silly posts like this one.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
prior himars... dont you think the long streaks of light coming from a fob give the mlrs away??? im pretty sure you can see it from a good distance... so the people that could use the information against us allready know...because they see it

Picture of Top_Dog
posted Hide Post
Guys let me help you out. I just left a GMLRS unit that recently re-deployed from OIF. I served as the Ops SGM, and can tell you that nothing in MLRS is secret!

Soldiers are required to possess a SECRET clearance, but he software used in the launcher (for both HIMARS/MLRS) is only CONFIDENTIAL. There is nothing TS about it.

It is not very secret, when it is used in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and other militaries are about to possess it as well.

Posts: 157 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good info top!

posted Hide Post
Is there a place that i may find a list of MLRS/HIMARS Units, im going to basic for 13P and was wondering where I may be able to get stationed, and what units are currently deployed so that I may get deployed.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 03 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post