Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AIMS/TAPAS test.
 Login/Join

posted
This is kind of all of a sudden but I am almost to the point of swearing in but hears the thing. I have no Ged or high school diploma and I scored a 47 on the ASVAB so the plan was to take the test again next month so I could score a 50. My recruiter calls me a couple days later and said there is a window allowing you to join GED plus with your score so plan on meps in the next couple days. So im ready for meps and he called again and said I have to take the AIMS/TAPAS test before i go to meps and i have to pass with a 63. Can anyone tell me what is on this test and possibly some advice because the recruiter nor anyone else can tell me anything about it. I go Wednesday to take it.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 19 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Are you enlisting into your states National Guard?

Posts: 50 | Registered: 17 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The AIMS test is a sort of personality test. There is no advice to give other than being honest. But not too honest... Good luck.

Posts: 50 | Registered: 17 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FTR_Tweak
posted Hide Post
They are both personality test, if you answer like you are perfect it will throw a code saying that you are a liar. Best advice is to answer truthfully on it. The TAPAS is new and I have yet to see anyone "fail" it, the AIMS is the only thing you need to worry about.

I have yet to get an answer on a qualifying score for the AIMS, our MEPS says anything over a 50, but have heard that it is up to the MEPS on that.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way

Posts: 85 | Location: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: 31 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OrdnanceKiller:
Are you enlisting into your states National Guard?
Yes I am trying to anyway.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for responding posting on this was actually a good way to get reasonable feedback. I know that its a newer test and they give it to people like myself trying to get into the GED Plus program because alot of my buddies who are army active said they never even heard of it.

Picture of Infantry4life
posted Hide Post
Like the others said, just be honest about it. The reason they may not have heard about it is they may not have known they were even taking the TAPAS test, its been around for more than 2 years, at my MEPS they give it right after the ASVAB so they may not even have realized they switched tests. But good luck. You should be fine as long as you don't do like they said and try to act perfect.

Posts: 168 | Location: USAREC Dearborn | Registered: 04 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post