ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  General National Guard Discussion    Active Duty to NG Transitions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Active Duty to NG Transitions?
 Login/Join

Picture of SPC Calderon
posted
Ok i asked around and e-mailed. And try talking to an NG Career Counsulor? But snice am deployed here in Afghanistan, That task proves rather difficult to contact one? I Rip out soon in Oct-Nov and my ETS is April and i want to see my options for transition. There is an issue with that dute to increase of new Recurites and harder guidelines. Am waiting for New Fiscal year to hit to see if a Iraq/Afghanistan combat vet like myself have options for school in the NG and continue my service. Still i wait here and there have'nt been much talk about it?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 06 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Do you still have any questions on this matter or has it been resolved?

Posts: 20 | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Am waiting for New Fiscal year to hit to see if a Iraq/Afghanistan combat vet like myself have options for school in the NG and continue my service.

Here's the deal--your options for school in the Guard are very much dependent on the state and unit in which you would be. For example, if you want to go to language school, you will not be offered options other than those that match the state's designated language(s).

What you should do is figure out what state/territory in which you want to serve. Then contact that state's recruiting command for assistance in locating a unit that meets your geographical requirements and has slots in the appropriate MOS and grade.

"What we see from our tower is for us to know and for you to find out."--The S-2

Posts: 599 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post