ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  General National Guard Discussion    In Guard requesting transfer to Regular Army
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Guard requesting transfer to Regular Army
 Login/Join

Picture of 68W Do No Harm
posted
I wanted to get a broad check of what the RA recruiters were telling me. I had one recruiter tell me 4 yrs was min I could transfer over for, another 3 yrs. In a perfect world would like to reclass also, but with a the shortest term, for future advancement with knowledge gained.

Posts: 55 | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG (P) Blalock
posted Hide Post
When I left the Reserves to come on active duty, I was told 3 years minimum, I had the opportunity to reclass, but I took station of choice instead.

Posts: 39 | Location: Ansbach, Germany | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 68W Do No Harm
posted Hide Post
Great response time, hooah

How are my chances for reclass from 68W to another critical mos preferrably one with fast track for promotions

Posts: 55 | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am in a combat zone (Iraq) and have 18 years service total time, some of which was AD early-on. I am being told I can transfer, but reclass is not an option. You have to transfer in your primary MOS. Anyone know if this is true?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

Posts: 1 | Location: Oregon via Iraq | Registered: 01 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
You cannot go from RC to AC while deployed.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hey I am an E7 AGR in the guard. with 15 years in could I transfer to the regular Army and keep my rank, possibly get a duty station of choice?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post