ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  General National Guard Discussion    GED's not allowed but GED program still in place?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GED's not allowed but GED program still in place?
 Login/Join

Picture of DirtyCharmed
posted
I'm a little confused. The NG offers a program for people to get in and get their GED's, but I was just told by my recruiter that because of the over-strength numbers GED recipients are not allowed to enlist? From what he said the restriction should be lifted in Sept or Oct, so I should be good to go since I'm still working on getting the time to take the ASVAB and am just getting a slow start on things in general, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

Not that the program matters for me, because I already have my GED and won't even ship until after I have graduated with my A.A., but it just doesn't make sense. Any insights?

Posts: 6 | Location: Spokane, WA, USA | Registered: 22 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post