ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  General National Guard Discussion    NG AGR - Xfer from KS to Ohio?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NG AGR - Xfer from KS to Ohio?
 Login/Join

posted
My husband is AGR, Kansas NG. He will be deployed in 2009, and because of this my son and I plan to move to another state to be closer to family - I am a disabled Vet and have multiple sclerosis. AFTER his deployment is over we plan for the whole family to permanently relocate to Ohio.

However, this presents a HUGE problem for my husband regarding his job. We have been watching AGR job announcements in Ohio (just to get some basic info), and see that they require/prefer someone who already belongs to the Ohio guard - it seems as though it is not possible for my husband to apply for or get a job as an AGR there. He has many years in the military and this is definitely his career. Our fear is that once he returns from deployment he will have to stay in KS for a long time and we do not want to separate our family any longer than necessary.

HOW is it possible to apply for and get an AGR position in another state????

THANKS!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 29 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
this link is the best asset out there.
http://www.minnesotanationalgu.../careers/nationwide/

nationwide links of agr jobs. thing for your husband to look for are lateral assignments which are often published- and are published before they are offered to part time soldiers.

best of luck to you and yours
SGT Nic Jordan

climb to glory!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 278TH SSG J
posted Hide Post
All it took was a google search on Ohio AGR Vacancies. Here's the link: http://www.ong.ohio.gov/jobs/Jobs.asp
I would read the vacancies very well twice over to make sure that your husband doesn't have to be an M-day soldier in the Ohio Guard first because a lot of states are that way that is situation I am in. I have been looking and interviewing in TN for over 2 years. Good luck with the move and the deployment hope this helps!

"The "One weekend a month, two weeks a year" slogan has lost most of its relevance since the Iraq War, when nearly 28% of total US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan at the end of 2007 consisted of mobilized personnel of the National Guard and other Reserve components."

Posts: 27 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: 06 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post