Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

APFT profile
 Login/Join

posted
I tore my rotor cuff (or just the tendons) 2wks ago at the gym. I spoke with our readiness NCO about having to make up the APFT after my shoulder heals, as I can only do 1 push-up (max), zero sit-ups as I am unable to hold my arm in that position & running with my arm moving around is painful to say the least. I was informed I needed a profile, which, as I am no longer on orders & have NO insurance...is not going to happen. (No $ to see a DR.)

I have looked at the 21-20 & the 350-1 but don't see anything relating to this issue...how can I get a profile if I can't afford to go to a Dr. to get one?!

Any advice here guys? Don't feel like getting flagged because I'm injured & don't have Tricare anymore

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This may help:

http://www.hrsa.gov/gethealthcare/

Some hospitals also have urgent care with with fees based on a sliding scale.

Posts: 458 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 08 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That ^^^^^^^^^ Above or wait till you go to SRP. If your a COMBAT VET, see the VA, maybe they can help some how.

Teddy Smiler
SPC / 13BU6

Posts: 16 | Location: 11234 | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
and as long as your national guard it costs 200 bucks a month for full coverage through tricare. just something to maybe look into.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 12 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC_Mac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorden:
and as long as your national guard it costs 200 bucks a month for full coverage through tricare. just something to maybe look into.

That's the price range for family coverage. If he's single, then -- TRS Member-Only coverage: $53.16 per month.

Posts: 163 | Registered: 21 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So that $200.00 is for a soldier and dependent, or does it even matter if he has like 3 dependents?

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your responses. I ended up paying to see my Dr. out of my own pocket-got a temp. profile.

Shoulder healed-all g2g

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It just states its for a family on the tricare west website. not sure how many people, but im sure he can call and ask. I have tricare prime and going to national guard soon; my wife has a lot of medical so im going to get it because they will cover almost anything.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 12 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post