ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  General National Guard Discussion    A.D.D...... HELP!!!! PLEASE ANY INFO IS WELCOME!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A.D.D...... HELP!!!! PLEASE ANY INFO IS WELCOME!
 Login/Join

posted
HI I'VE BEEN IN THE MISSISSIPPI ARMY GUARD FOR THREE YEARS AND I RECENTLY RETURNED FROM OIF A FEW MONTHS AGO AND DECIDED TO GET STARTED IN COLLEGE. DURING GRADE SCHOOL I ALWAYS HAD TROUBLE WITH GRADES BUT I WAS ABLE TO GET BY. MY MOTHER WANTED TO GET ME CHECKED OUT FOR A.D.D. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, BECAUSE SHE HAD IT AS WELL, BUT I WOULDN'T BECAUSE I WAS ALREADY ENLISTED IN UNDER A SPLIT CONTRACT AND WAS NEARLY DONE WITH SCHOOL, (ALSO THEN I WASN'T INTERESTED IN COLLEGE.) ONCE STARTED IN COLLEGE I DID GO GET CHECKED OUT AND WAS PRESCRIBED ADDERALL AND MY GRADES ALMOST IMMEDIATELY IMPROVED. HOWEVER, SOON I WILL HAVE TO NOTIFY MY CHAIN OF COMMAND BEFORE I END UP FAILING A DRUG TEST. WHEN I NOTIFY THEM DO I HAVE TO FEAR BEING DISCHARGED? I LOVE SERVING MY STATE AND COUNTRY, BUT THIS NEW IMPROVEMENT IN MY ACEDEMICS IS A THRILL I'VE NEVER FELT BEFORE.... PLEASE ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANY INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND ANY "AR'S" ARE WELCOME!!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Whoa, there...easy on the all caps.

I am not sure if you can enlist while on Adderall...I'll look it up.

Posts: 458 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 08 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of machsoldier
posted Hide Post
ASGAdmin, He said he recently returned from OIF. I know its kinda hard to see with the all caps.

Anywho, if you were prescribed it by a physician like you say, then you will not have any problem passing a drug test. You should most definetly let your chain of command know about it tho. It may have an affect on your job also.

Posts: 278 | Location: Center of the Universe----Ft. Bragg, NC | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post