ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  General National Guard Discussion    HELP! TDY vs. PCS Orders for School
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP! TDY vs. PCS Orders for School
 Login/Join

Picture of CombsJ
posted
I need to go to a school that is 154 days long. I'm being told that there may be an issue with getting TDY orders for over 150 days. Everything I have ever heard has been that the cutoff for TDY v. PCS is 179 Days. I can't find a reg for this. I have searched every AR I can find, so I'm either blind or I'm looking in the wrong places.

I can't PCS and only receive BAH for my school location and be expected to provide for a mortgage back home and pay for housing at my school "PCS" location. It is only 5 months, there has to be a way to do this TDY right?

Can anyone help me with a REG?

Thanks all in advance.

Posts: 30 | Location: Kennewick, WA | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I know anything over 20 weeks is considered pcs. So if it is 1 day over 20 weeks then you will be pcsing.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 16 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CombsJ
posted Hide Post
How do youknow? I'm really looking for a citation to some reg milpers or something like that. The only things that I can find ALL reference 180 days for PCS, which is 25.5 weeks.

Surely somebody out there has a reference for me.

Posts: 30 | Location: Kennewick, WA | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post