Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updating ERB using DD214
 Login/Join

posted
So it is possible to update the ERB using a prior DD214 that is correct??

If so if there a regulation or memo stating that it is possible?? (My battalion will not let me use the DD214 as they state it isn't legal and in order for my awards to be updated on ERB I need all my award orders when everything is in my IPERMs and I didn't get award orders for campaign medals. All I have are deployment orders)

Thank You
Jonathan

Posts: 7 | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aznsniper305:
So it is possible to update the ERB using a prior DD214 that is correct??

If so if there a regulation or memo stating that it is possible?? (My battalion will not let me use the DD214 as they state it isn't legal and in order for my awards to be updated on ERB I need all my award orders when everything is in my IPERMs and I didn't get award orders for campaign medals. All I have are deployment orders)

Thank You
Jonathan

In the eMilpo system, the award number is needed to add it to your records. I suggest you contact your former units S1 to get the situation corrected.

When I went from enlisted to warrant, my ORB was blank and I could not use my ERB or DD214 to add my awards. I had to show the certificate and/or 638 as proof.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well my awards that I earned as in AAm's and ARCOM's are on the ERB. The things I dont have on there are my overseas tour to South Korea and Afghanistan. mostly campaign medals and such and unit awards. I don't even have the ribbons you get automatically for showing up at basic training (Army service ribbon and such).

And most of that I don't have a 638 to prove. All I have for those are my graduation certificate for basic training and my orders to go overseas.

I want to get it all updated so I can have it all settled and stress free so I can put my flight packet in. But if I leave it and just put my flight packet in I will look very odd when it comes to the DA photo as well as wearing my ASU's when I dont even have the basic army award just AAM's and ARCOM's

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
If you have your orders for Korea and Afghanistan, you can get the OSR numeral added for those tours and the Korea Defense Service Medal if you served for over 30 days.

Your S1 should have done job (with you on top of them) by updating your records when you left theater.

posted Hide Post
Everything was all updated and such when i was on active duty army. But when i ETSed from active duty I transferred to the national guard and my whole ERB got wiped somehow. I dont know why nothing transferred. Ive been trying to fix it but no one has gotten me anywhere in the state. I have all my awards and overseas orders uploaded to iPERMs. But nothing. It is really fustrating and I hate jumping the command, but if i have to do it to get stuff done then i guess its what i will have to do.

By the way thanks for all replies.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Oh, so you are in the Guard now. I just saw the top of the thread location that shows National Guard (sorry).

Do you still have an old active duty ERB as proof? Which S1 did you contact? Have you tried the S1 at the state's headquarters? If you call and they have an S1 Warrant working there, he/she should square you away. What state are you in?

posted Hide Post
Yea I am in the Guard now. I do have an old ERB from active duty and I have tried using it. I contacted my unit readiness NCO who called and been in contact with the State S1. And the state S1, which I think is battalion S1 NCO stated I couldn't use the DD214 because it wasn't a legal document. which got my readiness NCO and me scratching our heads.

I am in the Oregon Guard. I am currently overseas so I am trying to see if the California Guard will help me with it. So I will be checking tomorrow for an update.

So we will see what happens.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Yes, the ERB will not count as proof to update your ERB for the Guard (the same happened when I changed my ERB to ORB on active duty) but it will give you a template as to what was listed on it.

I do not know if the California Guard will be able to access your record (it should), and I hope you can get it resolved with them.