ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  General National Guard Discussion    demoted from SPC to PFC. does TIG reset?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

demoted from SPC to PFC. does TIG reset?
 Login/Join

posted
I was signed up for a 1 week school that I was not made aware of so I ended up getting demoted for AWOLs because of that whole week lost. My 1SG told me I would get a waiver or something to get my SPC rank back because he feels bad because I am such a hard worker and good soldier.

The big twist in this situation is that they were about to promote me to SGT before this happened. If he's getting me a waiver to get my SPC rank back will I automatically be eligible for promotion to SGT again or does my TIG reset?

Thanks

Posts: 8 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Yes, TIG resets.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
Story doesn't jive...

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Illernoise:
Story doesn't jive...

I agree.

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It reset and plus you have to go back to the board again.

Posts: 96 | Registered: 10 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Once you get SPC back, your ERB will reflect a promotion date. You will need TIG based on that date posted on your ERB.

Posts: 178 | Location: Fort Myer, VA | Registered: 21 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dj51234:
I was signed up for a 1 week school that I was not made aware of so I ended up getting demoted for AWOLs because of that whole week lost. My 1SG told me I would get a waiver or something to get my SPC rank back because he feels bad because I am such a hard worker and good soldier.

The big twist in this situation is that they were about to promote me to SGT before this happened. If he's getting me a waiver to get my SPC rank back will I automatically be eligible for promotion to SGT again or does my TIG reset?

Thanks

I'll further elaborate on my comment from last night. You were signed up for a 40 hr course and didn't know it, so they counted you as AWOL because you weren't at the class? I call BS. That's not AWOL. Unless you were not at your normal job for the entire week, to include PT and all other formations. This is why I said your story doesn't jive. Either someone wasn't looking out for you, which could be the case or you are feeding us a BS story, which I think is what's happening. Either way, I'd be interested to hear the REAL story of what happened.

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Illernoise:
I'll further elaborate on my comment from last night. You were signed up for a 40 hr course and didn't know it, so they counted you as AWOL because you weren't at the class? I call BS. That's not AWOL. Unless you were not at your normal job for the entire week, to include PT and all other formations. This is why I said your story doesn't jive. Either someone wasn't looking out for you, which could be the case or you are feeding us a BS story, which I think is what's happening. Either way, I'd be interested to hear the REAL story of what happened.

He's in the National Guard. Doesn't have PT or other formations during the week (usually). Wink

posted Hide Post
What isn't jiving? They claimed they told me about the class. I found out their way of telling me was over a facebook message that I haven't checked in ages. The message simply said "call SSG whoever". If I wanted an honest answer to an honest situation why would I make up a story to get an answer that wouldn't even pertain to me.

Anyways, like I said my 1sgt said he's working on a waiver that would make me promotable to E5 again by the time we are halfway through our Afghanistan tour, around the second half of 2013. Could anyone just point me in the right direction where I could at least do research on this?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could anyone just point me in the right direction where I could at least do research on this?

www.apd.army.mil
Search regs for "enlisted promotions".

Doesn't jive because if your 1SG "loves you so much" they wouldn't have dropped your rank.
(and people were forgetting the whole NG thing. It would be very hard to be AWOL for a week in active duty.)

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
I had no clue he was NG. Also, if you were getting ready to be promoted to SGT don't you think you should know where to find information for promotions and reductions? AR 600-8-19
Maybe I'm being a dick but if you're wanting to be an NCO you should know some simple things like that.

**Sorry I don't look at the sections topics are posted in, I just view the most recent ones on the side of the page.

posted Hide Post
AR 600-8-19 Enlisted Promotions and Reductions.

Once is soldier is reduced in rank the soldier can not be waivered for early promotion. The soldier will become eligible for promotion the following month after completing TIG requirements. That is not a quote, but it is in the regs.

Unless your 1SG is drinking buddies with the SMA or ACS, you'll be doing your entire time in service requirement. Once promoted back to your previous rank, you'll have to resubmit your promotion package for E-5 just like you did the first time around.

Moral of the story ensure your contact information is verified and routinely check AKO and ATRRS for course reservations.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 24 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
You guys are making it way too easy for people. Big Grin

-----------------------------

Oh also, I would have fought an Art15 like that, it's highly unlikely a Court Martial would have considered some facebook post as adequate notification. Especially when you never called the SSG, they should have called you.

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:

Oh also, I would have fought an Art15 like that, it's highly unlikely a Court Martial would have considered some facebook post as adequate notification. Especially when you never called the SSG, they should have called you.

Same here. That's complete BS.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
What isn't jiving? They claimed they told me about the class. I found out their way of telling me was over a facebook message that I haven't checked in ages. The message simply said "call SSG whoever". If I wanted an honest answer to an honest situation why would I make up a story to get an answer that wouldn't even pertain to me.

Anyways, like I said my 1sgt said he's working on a waiver that would make me promotable to E5 again by the time we are halfway through our Afghanistan tour, around the second half of 2013. Could anyone just point me in the right direction where I could at least do research on this?

They way you are explaining the story and how you reacting to it, tells me you are an outstanding private.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post