ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  General National Guard Discussion    demoted from SPC to PFC. does TIG reset?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

demoted from SPC to PFC. does TIG reset?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I am outstanding. Thanks Chief.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
You guys are making it way too easy for people. Big Grin

-----------------------------

Oh also, I would have fought an Art15 like that, it's highly unlikely a Court Martial would have considered some facebook post as adequate notification. Especially when you never called the SSG, they should have called you.

I've already tried to fight it but they are always going to take a SSG and all of his buddies over what I say. There's really no way I could fight something like this. They put me in a room with the commander and the sgts and they all pressured me into accepting the fact that 10/10 times they are going to take higher ranking NCOs story over mine no matter what. It is a crappy situation but I can only stay positive and move forward.

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dj51234:
I've already tried to fight it but they are always going to take a SSG and all of his buddies over what I say. There's really no way I could fight something like this. They put me in a room with the commander and the sgts and they all pressured me into accepting the fact that 10/10 times they are going to take higher ranking NCOs story over mine no matter what. It is a crappy situation but I can only stay positive and move forward.

Yeah well see how they would react in court..

But again, all you have to say is
"1- I don't check facebook that often
2- facebook is the only "notice" i was given"

Then have them make up whatever other notice they gave, and shoot holes in the stories.

You could subponea phone records (if they claim they called you), ALL phone companies keep records of every call. (so they can bill you!)

End of story. (except the whole unit would hate you and be looking for any excuse to hem you up. But sounds like that was already a bad situation..)

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Don't really buy it myself. I would never sign if I was in the right for the "infraction." Take me to court, present your evidence and then i'll do the same. No matter the pressure from the top down. Rather have everyone hate me and keep to myself until I can PCS than let some shitbag get one over on me. But maybe i'm just different. Good luck to you.

Posts: 275 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The big twist in this situation is that they were about to promote me to SGT before this happened. If he's getting me a waiver to get my SPC rank back will I automatically be eligible for promotion to SGT again or does my TIG reset?
Vite ! Lebron james X 10 - Achat / Vente Lebron james pas cher - Chaussuresnikes-pascher.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGJ3ndBmXgo

Posts: 5 | Registered: 07 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
What's the reg say? Go to www.APD.army.mil, search "enlisted promotions".
If you want to be an NCO, you must read.

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I appreciate everyone's opinion and help on this matter. Over the course of these past three months I have had several of my buddies tell me that what had happened was wrong and that I should have legally fought it. There were no previous counseling statements and no real effort to contact me and I have only now realized how bad I was screwed over. I've had several people tell me behind closed doors that if I were not blamed for this incident, it would have been the NCO's fault for not informing me.

It was clearly a cover up by the First Sergeant and I learned first hand that he(1SG) likes to cover things up. Right now we are currently deployed. One of my buddies in my barracks drank a little too much and ripped a sink out of a wall(blood everywhere and bathroom flooded). Our First Sergeant had 6 of us(the witnesses which included me) line up against the wall and swear we wouldn't tell anybody about what happened and to lie if we were asked what happened.

Barring all of that I have managed to keep my head up and my battery commander has promoted me back to SPC since then. the best thing in this situation is that nobody looked at me differently in my Unit when this happened because they know how wrong it was for this to happen. I feel if I had made this a legal issue, I would not have deployed and everyone would have hated me and made my life miserable. I guess sometimes you have to suck it up even when you are right.

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
No, if people stand up for what's right your 1SG would be gone. Go tell the commander then IG or whoever.

posted Hide Post
No, I've brought it up many times to my NCOs and other NCOs. They all say the same thing that I would be putting myself at very high risk if I did bring it up to my commander and IG. Everyone loves our 1SG because overall he is a good guy.

In my (extreme) case, he was covering for the NCO above me who failed to notify me of any schooling. Since the 1SGs superiors were on his ass about me not being at the school he had to do something. Even when he was demoting me, I told him I was going to tell everyone that it was the NCO's fault. These were his exact words: "Who do you think they are going to believe? You really think they would take your word over many NCO's words?"

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, I've brought it up many times to my NCOs and other NCOs. They all say the same thing that I would be putting myself at very high risk if I did bring it up to my commander and IG. Everyone loves our 1SG because overall he is a good guy.

Won't change unless someone does something about it.

posted Hide Post
Well 7 months later you know what is ironic about this whole situation?

The same NCO who decided to get me demoted rather than to admit to him not doing his job has now been demoted himself, from E6 to E5. This NCO has committed adultery, cheating on his wife with an E4 while we've been deployed and he was caught drinking after an alcohol ban was put into effect. Really he should be on his way back to the states and kicked out of the Army(which is what the battalion commander wanted but our Btry cdr fought for him to stay).

What's also ironic is that he has since admitted that he made a mistake when I confronted him about my demotion and I have since been reinstated to SPC and am on track to become an NCO in a few weeks.

Just thought I would update everyone who figured I was making this up.(Really? Who makes something like this up and just pulls this out of their a**?)

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
karma.
Guys that do that kind of crap will ALWAYS do that kind of crap.

Congrats, good luck, Stay strong. Smiler

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right now we are currently deployed. One of my buddies in my barracks drank a little too much and ripped a sink out of a wall(blood everywhere and bathroom flooded). Our First Sergeant had 6 of us(the witnesses which included me) line up against the wall and swear we wouldn't tell anybody about what happened and to lie if we were asked what happened.

First, it is against GO#1 to drink while deployed and it seems that you complain about unfairness and yet seem to look the other way when stuff goes wrong because your 1SG asked you too.

quote:
What's also ironic is that he has since admitted that he made a mistake when I confronted him about my demotion and I have since been reinstated to SPC and am on track to become an NCO in a few weeks

How come you are on track to become an NCO in a few weeks? Have you been to the board and do you have the points to make E-5?

Sorry, your thread/posts does not pass the smell test for me. I cannot be as kind as Autobahn. I hope you are not a problem-child as you appear to be.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post