ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Health Services    Pediatrics and enlisting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pediatrics and enlisting
 Login/Join

posted
My cousin is just starting her Freshman year in highschool. She has two goals, and has structured her high school years to meet those. She want to be a pediatrician and she wants to serve in the US Army. She has had these goals for a couple of years now, so I can see her following through unless something major happens in her life. for lack of better phrasing, what is the best way for her to use the Army to become a pediatrician? I know the Army has a wealth of programs for hard charging individuals, are they any specific to the medic career field that I can point her towards?

v/r
SSG Castle

Posts: 29 | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There are programs within ROTC that are for commissioning as a doc, assuming that she wants to be a doc.

Posts: 531 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
have her talk with a recruiter, there are programs where the Army pays for medical school (to a point,) then the Doctor has to serve x years.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post