Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Housing issue
 Login/Join

posted
I am active duty , E5, married to another service member( my husband is E5 as well, I am on orders to Fort Sam Houston, to reclass to 68V( which I am extremely excited about!!!!) however, when I went up to talk to housing today to ask them if I should switch the house( we live on-post) in my husbands name, since he is unable to come with me, they notified me that he will have to move to the barracks and we'll need an exception to policy ( signed by Garrison Commander) to keep his BAH if he tries to live off post...It just doesn't sound right to me...It's not like I got divorced I am just trying to go to schoolFrowner any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 5 | Registered: 23 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As a Geo Bach junior NCO yes they can do that depending on the policy of that particular base. Talk to your S1 about it and they should be able to help you out with the exception.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Why did you repeat your question from your Housing and BAH question two topics down on the Last 5 community discussions list?

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
@TheWiseChief, her intial post might not have shown up right away prompting her to submit it a 2nd time, as the 1st and 2nd post are only 60 seconds apart. No big deal, the space on the web is not finite.

Posts: 580 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Good catch. I just saw that. But even though the posts are seconds apart, it did appear a day later since it came after the 25B question which was on the 25th (and that happened to me too).

I just wanted to make sure she saw her original post, her questions are getting answered, that she is a legitimate poster and not someone that is making this up (which does happen) and that our mod Daddy can merge these threads based on what mods do. Smiler

Enjoy your weekend SSG and it is already Saturday over here.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
Oh my trucking God! It sounds like you all have a real dilemma! Heaven forbid he has to live in the barracks! I am an E5, live in the barracks and have a stupid a$$ PV2 as a room mate, are you serious. Quit being effing spoiled. You are way too self entitled!

Get Some!

Posts: 562 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SGT FIFTYCUSHPLAN, I am asking you to be professional, since we are Peers and it is professional forum. I am not concerned about living in the barracks, I am concerned about paying for storage for a year!!!!!! Thank you and have a great day! Hooah!!!

Posts: 5 | Registered: 23 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post