ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Health Services    WELCOME ALL 91 series!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WELCOME ALL 91 series!!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I am not sure that I completely disagree with the semi-annual training, but I can say that at my installation it opened a lot of eyes for many people. Let's just say that when we ran a trial there wasn't a good pass rate at all. On top of soldiers trying top get training to maintain there skills, we also have soldiers still trying to drop their Y2 identifier. I think that the testing should be annually to at least give soldiers time to train and complete their missions.
As for the training aspect and keeping soldiers longer, it is just not always possible. We received 7 91W's straight from AIT and not a single one of them passed the testing!! This wasn't even 6 months after they left AIT. It's a matter of instinct and self esteem, too many young soldiers these days second guess themselves and get nervous.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am currently preparing to enlist. I am going to choose Health care. I need to narrow my choices. With becoming a PA as an ultimate goal would 91w then be the best choice?

91X- I have a Master's degree in counseling-BS in Pscychology.. but as 30 too old to join as an officer...at the 91x would I be getting the medical expereince as well to prepare for the PA later. I am looking forward to becoming an officer in the future....

91p-This interests me as well..

91k-interests me..I used to work in a pathology/cytology/histology lab...and helped with many things...I did enjoy this...also the 5k is nice incentive....

91s---someone posted from this area..would like to know more about what it entails...not too sure...prevention..yes..but what does that have you doing?

Anyway...I am a month or two from going to MEPS..but I am preparing to sign that contract with the best fitting MOS..any info would be helpful from real soldiers...I have been searching information...but nothing is better than real antidotes.

Posts: 3 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:12b8ac1db4="KC"]I am currently preparing to enlist. I am going to choose Health care. I need to narrow my choices. With becoming a PA as an ultimate goal would 91w then be the best choice?

91X- I have a Master's degree in counseling-BS in Pscychology.. but as 30 too old to join as an officer...at the 91x would I be getting the medical expereince as well to prepare for the PA later. I am looking forward to becoming an officer in the future....

91p-This interests me as well..

91k-interests me..I used to work in a pathology/cytology/histology lab...and helped with many things...I did enjoy this...also the 5k is nice incentive....

91s---someone posted from this area..would like to know more about what it entails...not too sure...prevention..yes..but what does that have you doing?

Anyway...I am a month or two from going to MEPS..but I am preparing to sign that contract with the best fitting MOS..any info would be helpful from real soldiers...I have been searching information...but nothing is better than real antidotes.[/quote:12b8ac1db4]

There is a website that you can go to that will give you all the needed information and prerequisites for PA school. There is also a POC that you can email if you needed further assistance. Since you already have you masters the only thing that you may need to do is take some classes that you may not have taken already. The address for that website is http://www.cs.amedd.army.mil/ipap/home.html

posted Hide Post
I checked-out the site which was provided. Thank you very much. I wrote to the POC and received a very nice letter with another link with awesome information about the different jobs.

I am still a little at loss how the training works. On most sites it has that AIT varies from 7-52 weeks. To me this seems like a major variation. It makes me think...hmmm...I guess I need to find a site that has the number of weeks in an AIT for each sub-group under 91W. The big question can you choose this when you sign your contract, or does your performance at AIT determine what job you ultimately are assigned to under the MOS heading 91W.
Sorry if this all sounds elementary. But thanks in advance for responding...really any tid-bits about the different jobs would be welcomed.
KC

Posts: 3 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You are able to pick your job before you go to AIT. In some cases though if you are unable to pass AIT then you will be recalssified.

posted Hide Post
Well I see we have anothrer drill from Sam in here! Happy posting battle.

Posts: 3 | Location: Fort Sam Houston | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
From what I can gather from most of the posts to this thread, the general consensus is that the need for some form of "validation" is necessary, but not using SACMS-VT as the model. I have not personally had any difficulty conducting training or getting the testing completed. Nor have I heard from any of my fellow NCOs, that they are having trouble accomplishing this mission.

On a different note, are any of your units having senior NCOs (E-8 and above) going through the Table VIII lanes? Not necessarily for validation, but for familiarization.

Glad to see this group formed.

Posts: 4 | Location: WRAMC | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi everyone proud to be a 91S HOOAH 8) We come into the Hospital an Hour early every Thursday to do training and we call it Sgt's Time also. That's how we acomplish are mission.

Posts: 4 | Location: Carlisle Barracks PA | Registered: 02 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
my unit is getting ready to do sacms this saturday. i think it is important for medics, especially us in the meddac, to get a refresher course to make sure we haven't lost our skills. its the same premise as ctt. no matter where we may be assigned, we all still need to be proficient in the fundamnetals of our mos. that being said, i think back to the ctt we had in january, in which everyone got gos, and the only real focus seemed to be getting us out by lunchtime. i fear this will be the case with sacms, especially with it being on a saturday, when most of us have other things we'd rather be doing. i'm sure there is a better way to do this sort of thing. i won't spout off ideas, but i do agree that semi anually is a bit much. we have to do ours indoors, too (we're in alaska. its STILL winter). i wonder if that will affect the quality of training? i'll post back on monday...

Posts: 27 | Location: FT WAINWRIGHT ALASKA | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just shouting out to all my 91K. Hopefully the promotion points drop soon. This 798 is killing me.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 08 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
what up to all the 91A and everyone back in the states. Cant wait to get home.

Posts: 27 | Location: Deployed | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Any other 91P's out there? Just wondering what can be expected from AIT, I'll be down at Ft. Sam in July after I finish basic at Ft. Sill.

Posts: 4 | Location: Yakima, WA | Registered: 11 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hey all, All right ill just jump into it, I joined as a 91S and got stationed here in japan, right now i am really loving it (The unit, people, country and whatnot). I am thinking of reclassing into a field unit as a whiskey. Lets say that I leave here as a EMT-B does that change the school time any? I know that 91W are only NREMT-B. Also if i go to 232 as a prior service where will i be? I kinda heard the stories from my friends about being at 232 as a IET soldier but i dont know what its like as a prior service. I also heard that delta 187 kicked all of the whiskeys out and send them down the hill and made the prior service a part of 232. Anything you all can throw me would be great.

Posts: 148 | Location: Camp Zama, Japan | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:baba9524d7="PrivateHarry"]Any other 91P's out there? Just wondering what can be expected from AIT, I'll be down at Ft. Sam in July after I finish basic at Ft. Sill.[/quote:baba9524d7]

I dont know if you still look at this but here is what i know;
1) Youll be in E co 187 med bn. its a pretty nice company at least when i was there (which was about a 2 months ago). Some soldiers really screwed the pooch and now they are changing the way they operate but its still a nice company.
2) Your ait takes FOREVER, some of the guys i was there with had 3 more weeks of school and i had already went through basic and my ait before they even went through phase 1 (u have 2 phases, second phase is at a hospital)
3)San Antoio is nice, when we hit phase 5 and 5+ we were off the chain in that town. Riverwalk is cool and the mall is fun to shop at.
4) I dont know which drill sgts you will have, they were changing things up when i was leaving but the ones that were there were good at what they did.

Thats just a quick little summary, theres alot of stuff to tell. Anymore questions you can just shoot out and ill answer.

Posts: 148 | Location: Camp Zama, Japan | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
232 prior bunks same company area only with other prior service
emtb will cut classes by 20% try for the expert field medical badge it cuts alot of classes also

187C

Posts: 113 | Registered: 07 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post