Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

160th Medics
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for some information regarding 160th. I have been in the army almost 2 years and I am re-classing to next year. Does 160th take medics from AIT? I attempted to get the application to take a look but the website is down. I also know you must be a medic for 12 months before going to flight medic school, does 160th wave this or would I go after Airborne and Phase 1 of the Special Forces medic coarse? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank!

AIR ASSAULT!

Posts: 4 | Location: Afghanistan | Registered: 29 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Support MOSes for 160th have VERY few slots, WHY on earth would they take someone with about 2 years time in service?

I ask that to help you better understand that the answer to all your questions is no.

If you were an Aviation MOS which the unit is mainly composed of then you could go from AIT, and it isn't anything you need to be top of the class for, as I know one 15U that barely passed AIT, and any PT test ever and did not volunteer for the unit and was sent after AIT. Do your best to obtain the SQI "F", which should secure positions in Aviation, and help you accomplish many of the goals you would like to accomplish in the Army.

Knock out your flight phys, it can be done overseas, and it disqualifies many soldiers.

After all that is why 15W has been on BEAR for years (because you need a full fight phys).

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have no proper idea about 160th Medics. So it would be nice if you provide some help for me.

Posts: 1 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: 05 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I recently E-mailed the senior medic of 160th. Asked if they accept 68WM6s. They don't. Seems like nobody likes our kind lol.

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Kouch. | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post