ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Health Services    How do I Drop the M6 ASI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I Drop the M6 ASI
 Login/Join

posted
I've been a 68WM6 for a long time... To give you an idea I used to be a 91C. Too long. I want to drop this ASI. I'm sick of being assigned to hospitals and having my assignment potential limited by this ASI. I want to go back to the Regular Army.

Does anyone have any insight on how to go about doing this?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 20 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Submit a DA Form 4187 thru your unit to the Branch. I'm shocked someone would want to give it up but I see how it can limit your assignments only hospitals I take it.

Posts: 625 | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Heck I just grad 68WM6 in NOV 2011 and I already want to drop it. Don't even feel like im in the army anymore. Rangers/160th dont want 68WM6s for some reason. Doubt there is a unit for 68WM6s that provide a FORSCOM environment. FML.

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Kouch. | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
M6 = LVN...nurse. At what point did you think you wouldn't be doing nurse stuff? One way is to not recert your LVN license but keep your EMT-B. Don't know if this would make you non-MOSQ though and involuntarily reclassed. Or, just reclass.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
4187 requesting to drop the M6 asi. That is all it takes, as long as you fulfilled your obligation as a M6 first.

Posts: 194 | Location: JBLM, WA | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KingofMinot2:
Submit a DA Form 4187 thru your unit to the Branch. I'm shocked someone would want to give it up but I see how it can limit your assignments only hospitals I take it.

You won't just got to hospitals. There are also CSH's and FST's that need M6's. I'm in a FST right now and all 3 of the M6's hate their job.

Posts: 194 | Location: JBLM, WA | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It sucks as a M6 in a FST? FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Kouch. | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
After years in hospitals and deploying with a couple of CSH's, I thought I wanted out of the hospital. That was until I landed in one and quickly realized that the only thing that kept the CSH running downrange was the Profis personal.
If you land anywhere like I currently am prepare to lose your skills. In the last year I have lost every certification I had and have watched everyone else lose theirs as well. Meanwhile, our medics and m6's will be taking a CLS course next week.....really...no joking...

Posts: 3 | Registered: 27 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of n3st3r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sergeant Medic:
M6 = LVN...nurse. At what point did you think you wouldn't be doing nurse stuff? One way is to not recert your LVN license but keep your EMT-B. Don't know if this would make you non-MOSQ though and involuntarily reclassed. Or, just reclass.

Just to point out that it is LPN.

"Standards, No Compromise"

Posts: 18 | Location: Ft. Carson | Registered: 15 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
E-6 with M^ ASI's can drop the ASI now since the progression to thier own MOS will happen in OCT 2014.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry 2013

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post