ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  CONUS Assignments    White House Communications Agency (WHCA)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White House Communications Agency (WHCA)
 Login/Join

posted
hi, was researching some info on White House Communications Agency and have seen others have asked questions but havent found an answer. I have applied to WHCA and have received my TS/SCI in Dec 17. I just wanted to know if there is any way of knowing or i have to wait til contacted. My question is: Approxiamtely how long til im notified if i got assigned, or didnt, to WHCA? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 10 | Location: Schofield Barracks | Registered: 09 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Stay in touch with the WHCA recruiters. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.

Posts: 28 | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks thats a good point. i just dont want to seem like im desperate to find out, even though i really would want to hear if i got accepted.

Posts: 10 | Location: Schofield Barracks | Registered: 09 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Please contact the recruiting team directly at 202-757-5150 or PD-recruiting@whmo.mi.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
PD-recruiting@whmo.mil

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
Is WHCA a 4 year tour? I was only wondering because I will have less than 4 if I were to apply.

SSG S

Posts: 75 | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i believe its a 3 year tour and require you to have 3 years left.

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray92173:
i believe its a 3 year tour and require you to have 3 years left.

No WHCA is 4 yr tour. Just got the email back from the WHCA recruiting team. Sucks to be me. ;(

SSG S

posted Hide Post
Jroc, why does it suck to be you? don't like being in one place too long or the MOS?

Can anyone else provide information on WHCA? Unit environment, TDY opportunities, family care/awareness, etc?

25B looking at possibly filling out the Q&A.

Posts: 160 | Location: Fort Gordon | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
Sucks to be me cause I have 4 yrs 2 months left in and I am on a OCONUS long tour with a year left. LoL.

SSG S

posted Hide Post
@jroc021: i have 3 yrs left, and i am also OCONUS and i applied, so far they granted me the top secret and waiting on yankee white clearance, u should give it a try. im sure they will look at u

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jroc021:
Sucks to be me cause I have 4 yrs 2 months left in and I am on a OCONUS long tour with a year left. LoL.

Why cant you apply and reenlist/extend for it?

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
does it take long to get a top secret clearance?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@tenzor12 it depends on a lot of things, but i got mine in about a month and a half, although i had a secret clearance already

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TransAm95NCO:
quote:
Originally posted by Jroc021:

Why cant you apply and reenlist/extend for it?

Because I am at 16 yrs TIS as of March, I don't PCS from here in Belgium until December. If there was a waiver for the tour length I would not hesitate to apply,but not sure if there is. I also am a 25P which is a shortage(according to the WHCA website).

SSG S