ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  CONUS Assignments    How much time on station do I need to PCS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much time on station do I need to PCS
 Login/Join

posted
Hello I am trying to get to Fort Lewis, How much time on station do I need to PCS?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Medical_SGT
posted Hide Post
I'm no SME but I believe the time is always 12 months.

Soldiers may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.

Posts: 174 | Location: FT. Rucker, AL | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks

Posts: 4 | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MisterM
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it's even les than that. I knew a SGT in my current duty station that was not even here 12 months and got orders for Korea. Crazy Army I tell ya!

Posts: 25 | Location: Yuma Proving Ground | Registered: 04 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gameness2
posted Hide Post
If you are in a real hurry to leave, call your branch manager and ask them if they have any assignments open for you to volunteer.

Posts: 110 | Location: Ft Bragg | Registered: 27 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gameness2
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I misread, thought you were trying to get out of Ft Lewis. The advice is still good though, start with your branch manager. What about your reenlistment window?

Posts: 110 | Location: Ft Bragg | Registered: 27 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of rain
posted Hide Post
after six months requistions start showing on your ASK, and of course what they said....ie branch manager, a few tears might help..

rain

Posts: 15 | Location: az | Registered: 02 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rafter11busa:
Hello I am trying to get to Fort Lewis, How much time on station do I need to PCS?

AR 614-200, Enlisted Assignments and Utilization Management
1–11. Time–on–station

Time-on-station (TOS) applies only to continental United States (CONUS)-based Soldiers. Soldiers based outside of the continental United States (OCONUS) have designated tour lengths. TOS is not a consideration in the U.S. Army assignment process for OCONUS-based Soldiers. Soldiers will remain on station for the maximum number of years possible in accordance with Army requirements and consistent with force stabilization rules. Waiver authority regarding TOS requirements for assignments within or from CONUS is—
a. The Director of Enlisted Personnel, HRC, for Soldiers who will have served less than 2 years TOS, or who are assigned to a lifecycle managed (LM) unit, at the time of reassignment.
b. Division Chief, Enlisted Personnel Management Directorate (EPMD), HRC, for Soldiers who will have served more than 2 but less than 4 years TOS at the time of reassignment.

1–12. Retainability
CONUS-to-CONUS moves require 2 years retainability (unless otherwise specified in this regulation) after arrival at the gaining installation. Soldiers who are changing occupational specialty as a result of retraining must have a minimum of 1 year service retainability. The waiver authority for CONUS-to-CONUS assignments is—
a. The Director of Enlisted Personnel, HRC, for Soldiers who will have less than one year service retainability after arrival at the gaining installation.
b. Division Chief, Enlisted Personnel Management Directorate (EPMD), HRC, for Soldiers who will have more than 1 but less than 2 years retainability after arrival at the gaining installation.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rafter11busa:

You need to be there 12 months, someone mentioned they knew someone who got orders before the 12 months, did they PCS before the 12 months? I have seen people get orders before the 12 months but their report date is not till after the 12 month mark.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TransAm95NCO:
You need to be there 12 months

12-months for a reenlistment generated PCS.

24-months for a regular PCS without a waiver.

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MIguy951
posted Hide Post
Here I can speak from experience:
I was initially stationed at Ft. Bragg NC and wanted to go to Germany without re-upping since at the time, I wasn't going to re-up. It was a long, hard fight that had me knocking on several doors which included up to the Division G2 office (thank goodness my old section SGT was a soldier when one of the SGMs up there was a PSG). Of course I was in contact with Branch throughout and in the end, I needed 12 months on station (which I had) plus Ft. Bragg & the 82nd had to let me go (this was the hardest part since my MOS was critical). Once my BN CSM helped me out, my fence got lifted and I was on my way to Germany with 14 months at Bragg.

In answer to your question- you can do it with 12. It'll be hard but it can be done.

Hope this helps,

Posts: 32 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MIguy951:
and wanted to go to Germany without re-upping since at the time, I wasn't going to re-up.

Were you within your reenlistment window?