New
Find
Notify
Tools

Davis-Monthan AFB
 Login/Join

Picture of Patrick2017
posted
Good Morning everyone. I was just curious if anyone has had the expierence with being stationed at an Air Force Base as an Army soldier. I talked to the unit and they filled me in on the job and that we will be side by side with the airforce. This is in Tucson Arizona. I think its a good job just curious on how different the base will be run.

Posts: 58 | Location: Fort Benning, GA | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I am at Carson and had a buddy move from Carson to Peterson AFB 10 miles up the road and he loves it lol. Completely different climate and environment. I went there and the Airmen moved their PT test (run) indoors because it was 38 degrees outside lol. Have fun.

You are still part of an Army detachment (unless you are in some Joint Unit with a GS boss) so still expect a lot of Army rules and games.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Being from Tucson, the place is amazing. Not too hot and just the right amount of people. DMAB is a great place to be, huge gym, lots of Air Force is around, but its a good environment. I have had the pleasure of being on Peterson as well, I work mostly around Air Force in my line of work and its a very different animal. Doesn't take long to get used to it, if you get my drift. Congrats on the assignment all Tucsonans Soldiers wish they got haha

Posts: 67 | Registered: 27 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Patrick2017
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the responses. Yes I am going to a detachment. When I called I would be put in a section with the CPT as OIC and only 3 people. We work along side the Airforce. I guess in the detachment there is 40 soldiers all together and they have a CSM from what I think I heard. Lots of TDY. Now the decision is to either live on base or off base. There are nice houses on base and off base lol. We are leaning towards the on base this time so we will see.

Posts: 58 | Location: Fort Benning, GA | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of The_Polo
posted Hide Post
quote:
talked to the unit and they filled me in on the job and that we will be side by side with the airforce. This is in Tucson Arizona

Anyone heard of this recently?

I advise.

Posts: 5 | Location: Deployed | Registered: 17 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post