ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  CONUS Assignments    Anyone hearing anything on if PCS is delayed?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hearing anything on if PCS is delayed?
 Login/Join

posted
Just wondering if anyone is running into any problems with PCS due to the shutdown.

dave

Posts: 49 | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm in the process of clearing right now and I final out next week, nothing has been said to me.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
This Soldier called the unit because his NCOES stopped and he was supposed to report to the unit in 2.5 months. He was told to report here early regardless.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted Hide Post
Our transitions office is closed so no one can get their orders, and Soldiers trying to clear are running into things being closed.

Posts: 758 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just contacted HRC, and will post the response once I get it.

I am also requesting information from them on TDY enroute. I generate those hard copy DD 1610s for my Regiment, but the G3 personnel who authorize the MTSA funds are all furloughed. My guys have orders in hand (cut prior to Oct 1), but I have received verbal guidance from higher that NO TRAVEL should be happening due to the shutdown and no FY14 funds being available.

once again, I will post the HRC response once I get it.

Posts: 178 | Location: Fort Myer, VA | Registered: 21 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the information. I'll keep watching. This is for my daughter and son-in-law who are both supposed to PCS in the very near future from OCONUS to CONUS. It looks like each command is doing something different for now.

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daveesl:
Thank you all for the information. I'll keep watching. This is for my daughter and son-in-law who are both supposed to PCS in the very near future from OCONUS to CONUS. It looks like each command is doing something different for now.

Maybe bacause they are OCONUS, they are not allowed to say there past their DEROS, unless is extended...so, they might be able to PCS even if the Gov. is still in shutdown...just my 2c

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Update on this...spoke with my Soldiers today and they said that since they got their orders before the 1st they were able to get to (I guess) transportation and got their plane tickets and all other things set up and ready to go. Looks like some of those that got orders after the 1st are having problems though.

Picture of sprat2
posted Hide Post
Refer to this Milper message:

MILPER MESSAGE 13-290, PCS MOVE GUIDANCE BASED ON GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN, ISSUED: [(7 OCT 13)

Posts: 260 | Location: Macdill AFB | Registered: 21 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Okay, HRC was no help at all. They just stated in an emailed response
"Please contact the branch managers in regards to PCS, TCS both en route and return."

There are many alaracts being released, seems like at least one a day, these covered travel.

241/2013
245/2013
253/2013
260/2013
264/2013

We have two soldiers reclassing (TDY-Enroute), one for reenlistment, one for medical, both leave next Friday. ALARACT 264 covers reclass as an excepted activity, but it still has to be approved by our MACOM for expenditure of funds. Basically each MACOM should have an "emergency" fund for FY14, and even if an activity (TDY) is excepted, does not mean there are deffinately funds and the soldier will deffinately go.

Seems like the usual "use your Chain of Command" is the only real answer. Push hard and do your research, and a good CoC will help you out the best they can.

PCS is a whole nother animal I have no answers for.

Posts: 178 | Location: Fort Myer, VA | Registered: 21 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post