ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  CONUS Assignments    Not enough time to clear
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not enough time to clear
 Login/Join

posted
Im currently in Korea and I just reenlisted for Ft. Bragg on Dec 9. I called branch and found out that my report date is 10 Jan. Its now Dec 26 and I havent even put in a LEVY packet yet. How do i get my report date pushed back so I have enough time to clear and be able to take a few days of PCS leave to go home and pick up my car?

Posts: 10 | Registered: 08 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You should try to get a 30 days differment. Im getting ready to PCS to Bragg myself.

Posts: 59 | Registered: 19 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
ya, my retention NCO had me fill out a 4187 so he can send up a deferment hotline.

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
I am just curious, what is your DEROS? Usualy you don't get the report date earlyer than 30-45 days after your DEROS.

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My Deros was and still shows 8 DEC. I had put in an IFSTE to make my DEROS my original ETS date but it never went through so im guessing thats why i came down on assignment so quick.

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
That makes sense, DEROS 8 Dec, report date 10 Jan...about 30 days in between. What i don't understand is why are you still in Korea, you should have beed out of there on 8 Dec. If you extended your DEROS, someone is not traking it...make sure your DEROS is updated, otherwise you might have problems, like not reporting on your assigned date...

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
How long does it take to change my DEROS once I submit the FSTE. My S1 lost the one I already gave them months ago. I got orders on 30 DEC with a report date of 10JAN and theyre saying now that i have to change my DEROS along with my deferment 4187 but I dont know if the FSTE will have enough time to go thru.

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
I don't know how long it takes, depends on your S-1 how fast they move, but you are cutting it really short.

I am sorry to say this, but some of this is also your fault. After a few weeks you gave them the paperworks your DEROS didn't changed, you should have checked on that, not waiting a few months.

Like i said before, i don't know how you are still in Korea if they are not tracking your paperwork for DEROS...all i can say now is good luck, and stay on your S-1 every minute you can...otherwise you will might end up going from Korea straight to your next duty station with no leave in between.