Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fort Lee Info
 Login/Join

posted
I am on orders for ft lee some time in June.
Can anyone tell me what its like there.
I quess according to my ERB i am going to the 49th qm group as a 92Y. Also would REALLY like to know if any of them battalions are set to deploy I do know they just had a couple come back.
Thanks in advance

Posts: 617 | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The base is small, lots of AIT soldiers. My wife is in 49th grp, 267 to be exact. Its your typical training base I guess. An hour from Busch Gardens, Water Country, and Kings Dominion. If you like Civil and Revolutionary war history, this is a gold mine. There are 3 colonial settlements, Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown, which are really cool. It can get boring, sometimes, but they try to keep things to do.

You can venture further out and hit D.C. in about 3 hours, and the Shannendoa <SP?> Valley is not too far. We stayed in D.C. for a week for about 500.00, lodging on Bolling AFB.

In 49th Grp you work half days on Friday usually, and it seems like theres a long weekend for every little thing ever since they started reporting to the 101st. We had an FRG meeting tonight and they said 267 is not scheduled to deploy any time soon, so hopefully the entire group is coming off rotation. I dont know about the rest.

No not everything is not peachy here, if you get a ticket for ANYTHING, you have to stand at the PX every evening for a week in class As.

Let me know if I can be any more help.

WWW.Patriotguard.org
There are two distinct forces who have laid down their life for you,
Christ who died for your sins,
And the American soldier who died for your freedom.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 27 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm stationed at ft. lee with the 530th CSSB. We're currently deployed now, but they deploy each company individually so it would depend on when your company last returned from deployment AND whether you get shifted to a deploying company because they need you to fill a slot. I was only there a few months before we deployed but the area is ok. I'm from MD so I would go visit my family almost every weekend...

Posts: 2 | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of DJ Charlie White
posted Hide Post
I'm also going to FT. Lee. I leave in Aug 09, reclassing for the 92M Mortuary Affairs course. Can anyone give me any info. on what I can expect? Do the prior service soldiers stay in the same barracks as the AIT soldiers? There is also a very strong chance that I will get stationed there also. I am an SGT/E5, do I get my own barracks room? Am I authorized to live off post? 92M's SSG points drop alot of the time so I should make the cutoff shortly after finishing training.

Any info would be much appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DJ Charlie White,

Posts: 85 | Location: ThE pOiNt | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ghostface_48:
I am on orders for ft lee some time in June.
Can anyone tell me what its like there.
I quess according to my ERB i am going to the 49th qm group as a 92Y. Also would REALLY like to know if any of them battalions are set to deploy I do know they just had a couple come back.
Thanks in advance

You are a 92Y and haven't been to FT. Lee? I assume you are going for training and well be in India company.

Great job selection in 92Y I regret being a 92A every month I see the promotion cutoffs.

Posts: 402 | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Charlie White:
I'm also going to FT. Lee. I leave in Aug 09, reclassing for the 92M Mortuary Affairs course. Can anyone give me any info. on what I can expect? Do the prior service soldiers stay in the same barracks as the AIT soldiers? There is also a very strong chance that I will get stationed there also. I am an SGT/E5, do I get my own barracks room? Am I authorized to live off post? 92M's SSGT points drop alot of the time so I should make the cutoff shortly after finishing training.

Any info would be much appreciated.

You will be assigned to Lima company for inprocessing then you will go on down to India company. Here is the problem not all NCO's got to live in the lodging I know the 92A's awaiting training and some of the others awaiting training were. But there was also a good amount of NCO's in the barricks. I also think that your reporting unit may actually flip the bill if you are authorized housing.

You will stay in a whole different area then the AIT's you will likely only see them during school. And you should stay away from them I saw a few NCO's get caught up in investigations for messing with privates there (In training and actually stationed there).

It is a chill AIT. I loved it never saw so many women I love Virginia. I'd pay 3 thousand dollars to get an assignment there branch managers lol.

I wish you could pay for assignments that would be pretty cool.

Posts: 402 | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SIR KNIGHT
posted Hide Post
Well it all depends on a lot of things as far as fort lee goes. Me personally if you a divisional soldier, someone that been stuck in divison your whole military career fort lee is not the place you want to go. Its too political and it seem like NCO's don't really have any say so. THe AIT students are out of control.

Training they don't really do none all they do is go to Ft. Pickett which is really nothing. THe units are on constant rotations depending on where you go. There is alot to do off of Lee, outside the surrounding area if you go to VA Beach, DC, Richmond, Norfolk, etc.

Bottomline it depend on what kind of soldier you trying to be, if you trying to hide out than Lee might be for you but if you trying to do something with your career that aint the place to be

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Lee, VA | Registered: 19 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SIR KNIGHT
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm also going to FT. Lee. I leave in Aug 09, reclassing for the 92M Mortuary Affairs course. Can anyone give me any info. on what I can expect? Do the prior service soldiers stay in the same barracks as the AIT soldiers? There is also a very strong chance that I will get stationed there also. I am an SGT/E5, do I get my own barracks room? Am I authorized to live off post? 92M's SSG points drop alot of the time so I should make the cutoff shortly after finishing training.

When reclassing you goin to report to India Company, you arent going to live with the AIT, it all depends on if there is space available for you, you might get an on post hotel or a off post one. If you get stationed there you will have to live in the barracks as a E-5, only E-6 and above are allowed to live off post but you will get a room to yourself

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Lee, VA | Registered: 19 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post