ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  CONUS Assignments    compassionate reassignment
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

compassionate reassignment
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
hey im and deployed as we speak. my wife has been having kidney problems for the longest. i am trying to put in my paperwork in for compassionate reassignment so once i return i can change duty station. she lives in north carolina and i stay in georgia bragg is the most covient duty station because i will b able to make it to the hospital at any time jus need some help please

Posts: 1 | Registered: 20 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
You could go anywhere there is a decent hospital. Your request is much more likely to be approved if you request "a duty station near hospital that can treat X ailment". If you get hung up on trying to go to only one place you're asking for disappointment.

You could put in the request now, depending on how cooperative your chain of command is. Because you could be bumped off the deployment to go PCS.

BTW the first O-5 in your chain of command is the one who "approve/disapprove" but even if they disapprove the Army could still okay it. You need documentation that she needs to live somewhere else from her doctor.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i have a second compassionate turned in, does anyone know where I go to check the status on it? I remember there was a site I went to before to see if it was approved or not but that was some years ago and now I can't find the site. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 22 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post