Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25s assignments
 Login/Join

posted
I was wanting a little feedback from 25s's that have been stationed at strategic/teleport sites. Which would you say are good assignments?

Posts: 36 | Registered: 08 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Airborne!!
posted Hide Post
Lets see you got Laundstuhl, Stuttgart, FT Bragg has a fixed site, Camp Roberts, there are a few more out there. Working at a fixed site is very boring though trust me i did it my first 3 years in the army. But if you have the 1C identifier dont let anyone lie to you and say you only can be stationed at 8 locations. I went to 1C school and right after that went to a tactical unit lol

Whats the difference between a SGT and SGT(P)? Nothing until you sew on your rocker

Posts: 126 | Location: 3rd POB FT Bragg | Registered: 05 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've been wanting to go to Landstuhl for a long time. They are fielding the new Wideband satellites, so I'm pretty sure they must be on the latest. I've also heard Ft. Meade and Ft. Belvoir are second and third compared to Landstuhl.

Posts: 71 | Location: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: 27 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm at Ft Deterick MD, 25S1C. I like it as of now...training day, three 12hr days, two days off...that's all the current 1C slots as of now regardless of location. The guys next door, 25S, that I've talked with like it here just fine. There is a lot to do with DC just down the road and most of American History right in your back door. As for attending 1C course and being assigned to a tac or strat location, I have heard of this happening but don't know anyone it happened to...

Posts: 14 | Location: Ft Deterick | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Got a 25S 1C buddy heading to Peterson AFB, CO soon...not too bad.

Posts: 183 | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mrock4:
Got a 25S 1C buddy heading to Peterson AFB, CO soon...not too bad.

Is he straight out of 1C course? That was my first duty station straight out AIT. It's a cuchy job, but you really don't learn much since you don't do you job there. There's no equipment there to work on. I wish I would have been on Shriever AFB. Not only you get to work on equipment, but it's a 9 - 5 job! Shift work has its pluses and minus, but nothing beats having your weekends off, holidays, and 4 days off like everyone else in the Army.

Posts: 71 | Location: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: 27 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
which are the 8 places that you can be sent if you are a 25S1C?

MNS

Posts: 2 | Registered: 17 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angles1121:
which are the 8 places that you can be sent if you are a 25S1C?

a list like that would be almost classified.

But east coast, rocky mtns, pacific, west coast, europe..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nothing classified about where our satellite operations centers (SOC) are. They are all operated by 53rd Signal BN out of Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs, CO. We have companies at Fort Meade, Fort Detrick, HI, Landstuhl Germany, and Fort Buckner Japan. You can also go to the GSSC which is also at Peterson. I think thats the only locations for 1Cs.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Can anyone provide me with a website or a list of potential duty stations available to the 25s MOS? Or more specifically 25s 1C?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
MI,

First welcome to the forums. FYI, it is generally considered bad form to bring a dead thread back to life (if you scroll up a bit, you will see the first post for this was in Oct 2007). That being said there is no list of available 25S assignments, your option is to call your branch manager. Because you mention 1C, the same applies however I can tell you from personal knowledge that 1C will almost certainly be assigned to 53rd Signal BN (most likely), (out of Colorado Springs), or DISA. If you go to 53rd, they have companies in Colorado Springs, Germany, Japan, Fort Meade, Fort Detrick, and Hawaii. Good luck to you.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post