New
Find
Notify
Tools

When Can I Clear?
 Login/Join

Picture of RuppertB
posted
I'll be reciving orders to reclass soon. My squad leader said that I can only clear 10 days out from my report date. However I have been told by other people (NCOs and joes) that you can start clearing once you get your orders. I'm at Kelly Hill on FT. Benning. What are the rules?

Posts: 6 | Location: in transit | Registered: 20 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Depends on the installation. At Carson, it is 10 working days from the date you listed on your DA31 that you will start PCS leave. So I leave the first week in December but with Thanksgiving holiday, I will start clearing in mid-November.

Years back, I received orders in March to PCS in August. I highly doubt that I would have been able to clear in March lol.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RuppertB
posted Hide Post
I don't plan on taking pcs leave. Maybe a week around Christmas. I will be going to school on a base that is only about 7hr away from Benning. I want to start clearing asap. Do I need to take pcs leave for tdy?

Posts: 6 | Location: in transit | Registered: 20 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
If it is TDY, you should be receiving a 1610. Talk to your NCO asap.

And yes, you can take leave before going to school.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RuppertB
posted Hide Post
What is a 1610?

Picture of RuppertB
posted Hide Post
Oh nevermind. I looked it up. Is that the form I need to se S1 for?