New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nobody from WA ARNG?
 Login/Join

Picture of DirtyCharmed
posted
Dang, I was hoping to get some advice on the units up here. Probably hitting BCT next summer, so I have lots of time to really research the MOS and unit I want to go with, but I've only had experience with one unit in the area and I don't qualify for the MOS.

Posts: 6 | Location: Spokane, WA, USA | Registered: 22 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Glad to see someone from Washington here.
I'm in a unit at Fort Lewis. Drills are pretty much the same anywhere as far as I know. You have your certain MOS, but when you come in for drill, the priority is the Impact Mission. Mostly during drills we either do training, like PT tests, BRM, Road Marches, and Hip-Pocket Training to keep every one up to date on paper work and military qualifications. Impact missions include maintenance, upkeep, and upgrades on the unit equipment and area. I'm sure that you're already figuring this out for your self. Since you posted two years ago, I'm sure that my reply is a little late, but I hope it helps someone else out in the future who is looking to join our ranks.

Thanks

Posts: 6 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 28 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
You replied to a thread from 2009 lol

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
yeah, I know it was from 2009, but with no other replies and a question that I think would still be valid today for those that are planning on joining the guard. I just thought some free content would be nice and attractive to new users. Old posts can still use new information.

Thanks

Posts: 6 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 28 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post