ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Course    Do not have ALC for SFC Board!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do not have ALC for SFC Board!
 Login/Join

Picture of xx The Huff xx
posted
So I must be an NCO who deserves to not get promoted. I have been in Korea for the last 2 years of which I got promoted to SSG upon my arrival here. I attended BNCOC Phase 1 as soon as I got here, but was never given the opportunity to attend phase 2. I was told they do not send NCO's to school while they are here, and that because I was in Korea the school is not necessary for promotion (waived I guess). Well just found out that is not the case, and the ALC's between now and then are supposedly full so I guess I am screwed and do not even get the chance for a first look!

I am hoping that I am wrong, but maybe someone else has a similar scenario and maybe you got a waiver for not being sent while in Korea? I seriously doubt it as waivers are for deployments only, dammit I hate Korea!

"Opportunity doesn't knock, it presents itself after you break down the door!"

Posts: 52 | Location: Ft Carson, CO | Registered: 29 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of EODbot
posted Hide Post

Posts: 165 | Registered: 14 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
If you went to Phase 1 Common Core, that is no longer valid. My "other" Phase 1 for ALC was all online before I went to the resident phase.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post