Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ALC Failure?
 Login/Join

posted
Im asking this because I do not know. I was in transition from a MTOE unit to a compassionate reassignment to a MEPS. The MEPS said they wouldnt enroll people in schools. I called the USASMA and asked to be enrolled in common core. When I went to my Blackborad, saw the AMEDD ALC dL. I tried to access it, and it said it was closed. I competed Common Core. I'm not sure what's going on with it. I tried to get in and I couldn't. Does this mean that I have failed this course, and while watching my daughter battle a cancer she almost lost her life to I also runied my carrer. I have never recieved any counseling on the matter, I have called the HRC ALC lady she said go through my S3, my S3 does not know anything, just a shoulder shrug. Any information would help

Posts: 13 | Registered: 16 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
Does your ALC CC say that it is closed because you are trying to access it too early and it has not begun yet or closed because you waited too long to sign in?

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It's the alc phase 1. It says it's closed. I never got on it, never started. Will I have to request a new date, like with cc how it says if you dont log in by certain time you get dropped.

posted Hide Post
Sorry because I waited too long

posted Hide Post
Then you deserved to fail if you waited too long.

And the nerve of you to work a deal with USASMA to get enrolled and then not hold up your end.

How long did you wait to log on from the time you contacted USASMA????

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You got me wrong. I called the USASMA about common core. They told me they could put me in. I asked my 1sg and he said it was kosher. I got in and finished it in three weeks. When I went to my training I also saw the phase one from a while back. I had tried to access it once before I pcs'd. A few times while at my new unit and then recent found someone that could explain it that I was enrolled. I wasn't notified like I was for common core. Before I was released early from theater I told my old unit to drop me from all my classes. But it still shows on my active enrollments and couldn't get into it

posted Hide Post
Ok, my fault if I got you wrong... it's a little hard to follow what you posted.

Who have you tried contacting outside your unit? That would be my move if no one can help... is the a POC for your ALC?

posted Hide Post
I called the HRC ALC lady and she said I have to talk to my S3. Two days ago our new S3 guy showed me the ins and out of ATTRS, thats how I found out what it is. I tried to call my branch manager and he is never there. I spoke with the USASMA people. They can only handle common core. My PSG confirmed about an hour ago what I thought, I didnt log in or register, so it's like a no show for an actual resident course, you get dropped, counseled , and have to find a new date if your command lets you. Sorry about the confusion. I have been very proactive about my career, did my CC and SSD3 pt tests over 290. I don't believe in laying stagnant, so you might see my frustration in this phase I. I still thought it was resident hours

posted Hide Post
Yeah, I apologized... you've been checking the blocks correctly... PSG, S3, HRC ALC, USASMA... I would say now it's time to pull someone else in on this matter and start making calls on your behalf.

I'm sure someone out there can correct me if I'm wrong but a "no show" can probably be voided/deleted and fixed in comparison to a marginal 1059, so your career isn't ruined.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
There has to be other people at MEPS that have the same rank and MOS as you and require the same NCOES. Have you networked with other Soldiers at that location for info? Is the S3 "guy" the schools NCO too?

Send an e-mail to your branch person and mark the e-mail with a read request so you know if he read it.

You need to move up the chain.

I just left 4ID and you could contact some people there for info.

You could try to contact Fort Sam's ALC and explain the dilemma and they may provide insight for your situation.

http://www.cs.amedd.army.mil/new_arrival.aspx#slc

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I left the MEPS in 2013. My 1sg was army but everyone else was air force. He want sure what it was. I have been here a year and have got into some heated arguments about me going to ALC. up to six months ago my company ssg were saying it was only da select for the resident phases. I said bs took it to my s3 who didn't know his head from his..... my 1sg just said yeah if that's what ive been hearing then it must be true. I made six about five months ago and have been calling hrc every week to get in. I was told go talk to your s3. We got a new battalion school guy, and while registering me for SHARP, I asked him to submit a 4187 for phase 1-3. He said sure and told me I could call branch too. Done and done. He showed me how to find what I want from ATTRS. I found contacts for ALC there on ATTRS too. I have been calling leaving messages and emails. Squeaky wheel gets the oil I hope

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I see. I thought you were at MEPS not Fort Carson.

What brigade are you in? I have contacts at Headquarters, 2nd and 4th Brigades.

Let me know and I will PM you those names.

posted Hide Post
3 BCT. 64th BSB

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Ok, either you with Charlie Med or with the SASMO. I e-mail my POC and see if he can give me info on 3rd.

Does the name Crabtree ring a bell? I will PM you her e-mail.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Medic,

I sent you a PM.