New
Find
Notify
Tools

ALC Failure?
 Login/Join

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
Ok, this might be a crazy question but when you look at your ERB does it say ALC/Graduated.

As far as I was tracking Phase 1 no longer exists because it was replaced with Common Core. It sounds like you're saying you were enrolled when it was still phase 1 but now that its no longer an actual course you can't access it.

Is this different in the Medical fields?

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This is what is so annoying about the new NCOES. It is so confusing. In my previous MOS there was a Phase 1 Distance Learning portion that you had to activate through ALMS. Completely different than the Common Core. It read as ALC Phase 1 on ATRRS too and everyone kept telling me, "Nooo, there is no Phase 1 anymore, it's been replaced by Common Core."

I wonder what my new MOS will hold since I never finished it and I still need ALC completion.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So apparently my ALC has 3 phases. The first part is dL. The other two are resident. And then there is common core that you have to do to graduate. I spoke with Another SSG. he did the same. Didn't get registered and missed out. He got another class so I'm hoping its the same for me.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 16 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
Ohh, well at some level your unit should have a schools NCO that can just sign you up again. It is not the end of the world, you just might have to wait a few months for the next start date.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT Smitty:
This is what is so annoying about the new NCOES. It is so confusing. In my previous MOS there was a Phase 1 Distance Learning portion that you had to activate through ALMS. Completely different than the Common Core. It read as ALC Phase 1 on ATRRS too and everyone kept telling me, "Nooo, there is no Phase 1 anymore, it's been replaced by Common Core."

I wonder what my new MOS will hold since I never finished it and I still need ALC completion.

You will complete how ever many phases that were in the ALC that you actually did the resident portion for.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
You will complete how ever many phases that were in the ALC that you actually did the resident portion for.

How would that make sense if you have to complete the DL Phase or Phases prior to attending residency.

posted Hide Post
I am not sure about any of the other Branches but in the AMEDD we have 4 Phases to complete before we are ALC complete Common Core, Distance Learning, Phase 1 Resident, and Phase 2 Resident. Now if you had previously completed Phase 1 BNCOC you do not have to redo Common Core per ALARACT 262-2009 which states

COMPLETION OF COMMON CORE AND TECHNICAL PHASES ARE REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED AS A GRADUATE OF ALC. GRADUATES OF BNCOC-CC WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO ALSO COMPLETE ALC-CC

Posts: 14 | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soldier60:
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:

How would that make sense if you have to complete the DL Phase or Phases prior to attending residency.

Myself and a great deal of other Soldiers actually did the common core after ALC. Even though that does not follow the ideal pattern.

posted Hide Post
Well considering they won't enroll E5s in common core and we can't get promoted without ALC completion, I'll bet the majority of E5s will do it in that order. Wow this new NCOES sure works great.

posted Hide Post
It's funny, literally 2 days after this post I get an email notifying me that I'm enrolled in ALC resident course.

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT Smitty:
It's funny, literally 2 days after this post I get an email notifying me that I'm enrolled in ALC resident course.

lol, good luck. Brush up on your Land Nav. The majority of failures I've seen are from the Land Nav course. That is if it's still part of ALC.

posted Hide Post
No land nav for aviation ALC. When I went through in 2010 they had a rape boner for "Modern Army Combatives". A broken tooth (even with my mouth guard in) and broken nose from a classmate had me wondering when was the last crew chief who actually fought a hand to hand conflict? That actually had any chance in hell anyways, not getting dragged around streets and $hit. I don't know of any.

Knock it out and do your best, if its one of the longer ALC's you can actually get a good bit of TDY, fam. sep pay, and in and around mileage $$ if you can drive your POV there.

posted Hide Post
Okay so it has been a minute since I have been on. I spoke with the NCOES lady at HRC. There is no record of me doing any phase of ALC. It shows I have completed Common Core, and SSD 3. My next issue is, for about 7 months now I have been trying to enroll in ALC, resident phase. My S3 schools NCO says Branch has to do it. I spoke with Branch and sure enough they said: Your Schools guy has to put you in" The 68W NCOES lady said send her a 4187. Is there an easier way to get this class, I'm trying to do it before I deploy. I'm trying to do SLC when I get back so when my packet goes up to the board I can get my 7.....

Posts: 13 | Registered: 16 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post