Community's Community is an Army Forum
Failure of ALC

If an NCO were to fail ALC, would that soldier be flagged? If so, what AR or SOP can I find this information? I looked through AR 600-8-2 briefly and could not find this information. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Posts: 1 | Location: army | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
AR 600-8-19:

10–18. Failure to complete or attend Noncommissioned Officers Education System
Soldiers who fail to successfully complete, fail to remain eligible to be scheduled for or attend, who are denied
enrollment in, or who do not attend their scheduled NCOES class (through fault of the Soldier) will be administratively
reduced or removed from the promotion list. Soldiers will only be reduced when NCOES is required for his/her current
grade. Soldiers will be removed from promotion list when promotion is being held in abeyance (for reasons set forth in
para 1–27). The effective date of administrative reduction is the date of the action that caused the Soldier to be
ineligible to retain the promotion. The DOR will be the previous DOR held at the reduced grade.

This is the only thing that I found, I dont see anything about being flagged...

Lead by Example!!!
Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shewtor McGavin
posted Hide Post
I had a classmate (SFC) in ALC and was dropped from the course (through fault of the Soldier). He was never reduced in rank. So, depending on your unit they may take care of you. He did however, recieve a general letter of reprimand.

Sequence #229
Posts: 283 | Registered: 26 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post