ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Course    11B Advanced Leaders Course PHASE 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

11B Advanced Leaders Course PHASE 1
 Login/Join

Picture of InfantrySGT
posted
I am about to graduate ALC out at Fort Benning and I have asked all the SGL's as well as anyone I can think of and I get different answers. So I figured I would give it a shot on here. Do you get promotion points for completing ALC PHASE II without having PHASE I complete. My schools NCO never enrolled me into PHASE I, and now I am not able to start until sometime in September at the earliest however I start RANGER SCHOOL in October so thats out. I then have to push it back to January at the earliest. I need the promotion points so I can make cutoff for SSG. I have missed it multiple times and Im getting tired of missing cutoff. I have completed Correspondance Courses, but I dont have very many awards for being a SSG so my points are kinda low. Some say they know guys who got 90 points without having PHASE I complete and others say you get 20 points until you complete PHASE I then it turns into 90. I sent an email to HRC hoping for clarification however nobody ever got back to me. This new promotion points system seems to be much more confusing then the old one.

Once the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not your friend.

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 23 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sprat2
posted Hide Post
No you do not get the points for completing phase II without completing phase I. I was in your same boat but I ended up waiting a little over a year before I got phase II.

Posts: 260 | Location: Macdill AFB | Registered: 21 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post