New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANCOC in route
 Login/Join

Picture of Dreamstalker
posted
Ok as a few of you all know I am on recruiting dutyand coming up on the end within 6 months (FINALLY). I was wanting to try and get ANCOC in route to my next assignment. Who would I talk to about this? My branch manager? Also if I were to be able to get this would I still leave my current assignment the same time and just report to my gaining unit later or would I leave my current unit sooner?

Posts: 330 | Location: Ft Campbell  | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
Although your Branch Manager handles your ANCOC slots, your S-3/G-3 (Schools NCO) places you on orders to go and handles the TDY enroute or TDY & return requests.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Schwartz
posted Hide Post
I know the question is five years old now, but I am in the same situation, and I talked to branch, and he told me I am going TDY en route. I had no choice about it. So, talk to branch. I am getting out about 3 months after my assignment is ending, but I will be out of here soon.

If NCO's did their job, I wouldn't have mine.

Posts: 232 | Location: FT Leavenworth | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dreamstalker
posted Hide Post
Pretty ironic this thread came back up. I did not get it enroute. I went to Kuwait. Wanna take a guess what my assignment was leaving Kuwait? Thats right, I was an SGL at the NCO academy. I knocked ANCOC out when I first got there and then was an ANCOC SGL for 2 years.

Posts: 330 | Location: Ft Campbell  | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post